Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kwameafrani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2013, 10:25 AM
    External hard drive
    I dropped my passport WD external hard drive on the floor. My computer does not recognize it
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 10, 2013, 10:32 AM
    Have you taken the case apart? Are all the cables connected still? You should check that first as by dropping it something could have become disconnected internally.
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 9, 2013, 05:09 AM
    Is the drive making a constant clicking sound? If so the drive is irreparable and a data recovery center in your area will have to take a look. Google one and inquire.

They will not be cheap.
    Chances are good that it is gone to heaven.

If it is spinning up when you plug it in and no ticking sound then it might just have come loose inside. Chances are very poor of this happening.

Take it to a IT shop so that thy can check it for you. If the drive is fine they can just give you a new case and transfer the hard drive. THIS WILL VOID your warranty.

Hope this helps.
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To upgrade a ps3 is it possible to use a new hard drive and external drive bay? Thanks. [ 0 Answers ]

... is it possible to use a new hard drive and external drive bay instead of using a external hd to transfer data? Thanks in advance.

I've moved the contents of my C: drive to my external hard drive. No OS found. [ 1 Answers ]

I was having some problems with my cpu usage so a friend told me to empty out my c: drive onto an external hdd. I did and it worked. But an hour later it shut down and when I tried to start it up it said no OS found. Is there any way to get it working again? I don't have a windows 7 CD to...

External hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi good day I try to connect my external hard drive but its not work nothing comes up I think it's the jumper starter could you tel me how to connect it so it works please thanks

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search