Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KK2 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 10:32 AM
    I have no clue what to do...
    Please help! I purchased a HP Deskjet 2542 with wireless networking capabilities. I have installed the driver, uninstalled, reinstalled... and repeat. I cannot get it to print via my network printer connected with a Belkin router. The Network Configuration page prints correctly via the on-printer control panel and it shows everything is correct. The computer sees the printer as connected and networked and the HP troubleshooting and help say my printer is connected. When I print, according to my computer everything printed, but my printer is not responding/printing. It is so weird. From my computer I can clean the print heads and scan the alignment page and I am able to print the print quality diagnostic report, but it will not print the test page or any other documents. I am running on Windows 8.

Please help! Pulling my hair out as we speak!
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 9, 2013, 03:44 AM
    Most likely a firewall on the router.
    Turn off the firewall on the router and check it again.

Also try placing the router close to the printer and connect the two with a LAN cable. It will still be able to print wirelessly.

Hope this helps
    Grant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Clue what I should do [ 1 Answers ]

I just got hired as an office assistant and have been working as such for three weeks. My supervisor is a super person but under tremendous stress. The owner has too many irons in the fire and my supervisor, who is essentially office manager, runs practically the entire business. She just gave...

Clue? [ 1 Answers ]

Is the game "mercenary" available on PC?

Any clue? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so there is this girl in one of my course and, we are pretty cool and we talk often through out the course and there is a bit of mutual flirting. We slept together a few nights ago mind you we were both intoxicated and afterward we spent some time talking and she mentioned her current...

Can I get a clue? [ 4 Answers ]

Met some wonderful guy a few weeks ago, in my company's Headquarter office, and few weeks after coicidental meetings, he asked me for a date. We had some really awesome time, laughed all the way through lunch, held hands, got close and it went really fine. At the end of it, he said, I would really...

View more questions Search