Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shainajhwdjh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2013, 08:43 AM
    Blood clot after wisdom tooth extraction
    I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday, and I was bleeding a lot for like 12 hours, and when I woke up it was stopped And I'm pretty sure there's blood clots there now, but I can't really tell. I still have a horrible taste in my mouth, and every time I swallow my spit it just tastes like blood, but I know it's not. Is that normal? And can I use the salt water wash yet or not? It's been about 18 hours since surgery.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Nov 11, 2013, 08:11 AM
    I would let the clots settle for a little bit before the salt water wash. It sucks, but this is going to for the next little bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When does blood clot leave after tooth extraction [ 1 Answers ]

I have a blood clot from a tooth extraction that took place 4 days ago and it is gradually leaving the more I rinse with salt and water as well as I rinse with prescribed chlorexidine. I never got the white residue over the blood clot. So should I worry about dry socket even though I don't have any...

Colour of a blood clot after tooth extraction? [ 3 Answers ]

I had one of my lower molars extracted 5 days ago, I have been rinsing with the salt water and following all the other directions, in the hole the colour of the clot is a yellowy greeny colour? Is that in any way normal?

Lost blood clot after tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My blood clot came out and I just had my tooth taken out yesterday. What am I supposed to do?

What does an after tooth extraction blood clot look like? What color should it be? [ 0 Answers ]

I am having a hard time telling the diffrence between a clot and food. I'm worried of possible dry socket. I've had 2 teeth pulled and had a previous dry socket just heal up. I'm a smoker, and I am beginning to become uncomfortable. Today is the third day after extraction.

How long blood clot on extraction tooth last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yea my question is how long does the blood clot that forms on the extracted site should last because I'm on my eighth day and the blood clot seems like its getting smaller so I'm worried that I might get dry socket or and infection so your help will be appreciated.

View more questions Search