Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zoe77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2013, 02:32 AM
    Adoption regarding my niece
    Hi, I'm from Hampshire in the UK. I went to court in March 2013 to try and adopt my niece, the judge sadly refused this and put her up for adoption, she still remains in care and will do till at least march 2014 as they are struggling to find her a family, I was just wondering if I could re-apply to adopt her if she has not been adopted within a year of the court, many thanks
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 8, 2013, 04:49 AM
    Yes you can re-apply, but has your situation changed for the better?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 8, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Are you attempting to do this without council? If you are then you may be taking the wrong steps to get things done. Just stepping forward doesn't always make it go smoothly. You need representation to get the job done.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2013, 05:32 AM
    Before we can answer this, we need to know why the judge refused your petition. Clearly the child needs to be adopted and courts generally prefer to place a child with family. So without knowing the reason, its impossible to answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption laws Ohio father blocking adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I have a now seven year old boy. His father lives in Ohio and has been ordered to pay child support which he has done for the past three years almost consistently. He has no contact with his child and I can count on my hands the number of times he has seen him while we too lived in Ohio. He has had...

California no will does a half niece receive the same as a niece [ 1 Answers ]

My aunt passed with no will. She had no kids and husband is decede. Her brother (my dad) is the only sibling alive. He has 4 kids. My Aunt & Dad's half sister (who is deceded) has 3 kids. How will her assets be divided? She has about $100,000 in cash, should he go through the courts to be...

Pa adoption of my great niece or nephew [ 1 Answers ]

In the State of PA what steps do I have to do to adopt my great niece or nephew when they are born. My biological niece is having a baby in Dec. and is offering us to adopt it. Am I considered a "relative" by the law. Can I go through the same process as if it was my niece etc.

Adoption of niece [ 4 Answers ]

Okay here is my problem and what I have against the mother as prove of her being an unfit parent. We have had my 2 year old niece now since she was 7 months old. At first it was on the weekends then it got more often till now she is with us permanent. She has been with us full time for over a...

View more questions Search