Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Nov 5, 2013, 11:19 PM
    Can a network or router become hacked/infected?
    My parents computer I was using got a virus (perhaps multiple ones for all I know) so I went and bought one of my own. It's a Windows 8 HP and when I tried to get the Norton up and running on it I get error code 8504-104 which is what it was giving me on the other computer when I tried to access Norton. What is going on? I downloaded Malwarebytes for the new one and did a full system scan (lasting over an hour) and nothing was detected. Why won't the Norton come up and could this be a network or router problem?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 5, 2013, 11:41 PM
    More likely just a problem with Norton.
    Which version did you purchase ?

Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    I have a Norton Internet Security disc, but what I'm trying to access is the 60 trial that comes with the notebook.

Nov 6, 2013, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    I purchased Norton Internet Security. I haven't tried to install it because the Windows will come with a 60 day free Norton Trial and even though this computer is fresh out of the box, I can not seem to run Norton.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2013, 06:01 AM
    Is there a description of the error code. At what point are you getting it?

Nov 6, 2013, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Is there a description of the error code. At what point are you getting it?
    It's error code 8504-104 and I get it when I try to open Norton after a lengthy delay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Network laptop to desktop with router [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, this would seem to be an easy one. I was able to connect my desktop to my laptop in like 30 seconds using the map network drive thing. I'm now having a hell of a time connecting my laptop to my desktop. At first when I was trying to connect I was getting prompted to punch in a password...

How to network two computers using a router [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm pretty new to this networking thing, so my problem I have two pc's A & B using windows xp service pack 2 and a router, connected via the LAN port on both PC . The set up was easy but I can't access the printer and files on PC A from PC B. I used the network wizard to set up a...

Router network [ 3 Answers ]

I have a router with one usb and one ethernet port can I still make a network with two computers and a shared internet connection?

View more questions Search