Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ironman3974 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 07:20 PM
    The mother wants to sign her parental rights over to me because she cant handle them
    Where do I get the documents for her to sign the children over to me being their father ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 5, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Has there been any court action over custody? Are you on the birth certificate or signed an acknowledgement of paternity?

Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Nov 5, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Has there been any court action over custody? Are you on the birth certificate or signed an acknowledgement of paternity?

Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    I'm their primary parent and yes I'm on their birth certificate . I was granted primary custody because the kids where being physically and mentally abused in her care and the proceedings took place in Ray County ,Missouri 64085.

Nov 5, 2013, 07:34 PM
    Ok, so you already have primary custody. What more do you need? What do you think signing over rights will get you? Even if it were possible.

Nov 5, 2013, 07:44 PM
    Yes to the question I'm on their birth certificates . Ive been the one raising them do to my ex wife's mental problems .And yes their were divorce proceedings .I was granted primary custody of my 2 boys and my daughter in the state of Missouri .she's wanting to sign away what rights she has as their mother so she can move on with her new life with her fiancé so they can start afamily of their own.]

Nov 5, 2013, 07:51 PM
    First, there is this myth that a parent can just sign over their rights. But its just a myth. Only a court can terminate rights and courts are very reluctant to do so. I don't see any reason for them to do so in your case.

I also don't see any reason why she needs to terminate her rights to move on with her life. If she doesn't want to be a part of your children's lives, then she just stops. No contact or anything.

Or is she required to pay support?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 08:22 PM
    If she's trying to terminate her rights to get out of child support, she'll be laughed out of the courtroom. If parents could sign away their rights to get out of child support, the line would stretch for miles.

Do you have a new wife who is willing to adopt the children? That's the only way I see a chance of this happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sign over my parental rights if the mother will not let me see my kids [ 6 Answers ]

Can I sign over my rights if the mother of my kids will not let me see them

Can I sign over parental rights to keep from having my rights terminated legally [ 2 Answers ]

I have been falsely accused of child abuse and awaiting my turn in court to prove my innocence. In the meantime the local dhs is trying to terminate my rights and split all of my children up. Can I give my parental rights to a close friend ?I live in Iowa

Can the mother of her 20 yr old son make him sign over his parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm 4 months pregnant with my ex-boyfriends child. I'm am 22, he is 20. His mother blames me for the entire pregnancy, saying that I'm trying to ruin her sons life, trap him.. etc. She then goes on to say that she's making him have a paternity test done once the child's born and immediately...

What rights does a parent give when they sign over parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 16 my mom signed over her parental rights, I am now 23 and have a kid. What rights to her grand kid does she have?

Sign over parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

How can I and will it help that she recently married?:confused: >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search