Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Toxicfire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 06:07 AM
    How long will Amazon take to refund me?
    I ordered an item from Amazon about a week ago I emailed them yesterday asking when item would be dispatched I received an email back today telling me that the item was out of stock (but they had it in stock when I ordered it) and telling me to request cancellation how long will it take them to refund me?
    Sorry I'm not sure what category to put it in.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2013, 06:13 AM
    You should have asked Amazon when you talked with them... we have no affiliation with them at all.

But on an industry average...expect 3-10 days after they process the request due to how banks deal with electronic cash transactions.

Nov 5, 2013, 06:14 AM
    I was asking how long it took them to refund other people.

Nov 5, 2013, 06:15 AM

But on an industry average... expect 3-10 days after they process the request due to how banks deal with electronic cash transactions.[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2013, 06:18 AM
    Hello T:
    I was asking how long it took them to refund other people.
    I shop at Amazon. They're GREAT. If the item you ordered wasn't even shipped, I'll bet they'll credit your account in a day.

excon
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Credit card payments get refunded fastest... others like checks, and paypal take significantly longer (meaning they may do it right away... but the funds would not actually be available for days longer) Paypal averages 3-7 days in my experience from when they refund it to when you actually can use those funds. Just an FYI why with the non-credit card methods...they have to wait for the funds to clear before they can send them back...and they have to clear yet again.

Not all payment methods are equal when it comes to this. One more reason credit cards are a better way to pay online....besides the protection they offer. I tossed those in because they do take a number of payment methods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does form 843 social security tax refund usually take? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I've submitted form 843 to get refund back for the social security/medicare tax that I shouldn't pay for the last year (F1 student/OPT). How long this will take? I've submitted all the documents since 2/15/2008 but haven't heard anything back since then. Thanks very much!

Need to return portion of refund where do I enter original refund on 1040x? [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problem completing 2010 1040x I forgot to include a 1099 and will now have to pay part of my refund back (sample original refund $500 s/b $400), Do I put the original refund that I am to receive from IRS on 1040x line 14? I will pay IRS before due date the $100.00 to avoid late...

Am I obligated to refund money on a used item sale on amazon.com [ 6 Answers ]

I sold a used item on amazon.com am I legally obligated to refund money when theyn claim it to be damaged and cam amazon.com hold my money for 90 days giving buyer of used item a chance to return item.in my policy listings I list no returns on used items. What gives Amazon legal right to hold my...

How to use Amazon.com [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gift card for visa and I want to shop online so I went to amazon.com I got the stuff I wanted and I put everything I needed to but it didn't come through as in I didn't receive what I had paid for so... I'm thinking I did something wrong =D and I wood appreciate if someone can tell me...

View more questions Search