Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starview Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 09:57 AM
    How to make this recipe stay firmer or harder longer?
    Chocolate Melts too Easy Nut Goody Bars NEW
    By: Mary

When You take out of the refrigerator it melts very easy, is there something I can change to stop this?

Nut Goody Bars
    12 oz Chocolate Chips
    12 oz Butterscotch Chips
    1 Square unsweetened Chocolate
    Melt these together. Add 2 cups peanut butter- spread 1/2 of this mixture in a buttered 12 x 16" pan. Set in refrigerator, let set.
    Filling
    2 sticks of butter
    1/2 cup evaporated milk
    1/2 tsp maple flavoring
    1/4 cup dry vanilla pudding {not instant)
    Bring this to a boil, stir in 2lbs powder sugar mix well & spread over the set chocolate mixture. Let set in refrigerator add 1 lb of Spanish peanuts to the remainder chocolate mixture, spread over set chocolate mixture. Return to refrigerator an let set. And serve
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 10:01 AM
    I'm guessing the bars must be kept in the refrigerator all the time until they are being eaten. Is that what you do, or are you leaving them out of the refrigerator once they've been made?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Also, I checked for this recipe on the Internet. On one of them there is this --

NOTE: Be sure to use the full 7-1/2 cups powdered sugar in the filling. That's a lot, but it's necessary so the filling sets. And make sure that you use a COOKED vanilla pudding mix, not the instant type - that will make the recipe fail.

And the instructions say to keep it refrigerated.

Nut Goody Bars Candy Recipes
    oneplace Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 02:21 PM
    The only time they are out of the frig. Is when they are set out for people to eat during a get together and it does that to long until they start to get soft.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 02:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oneplace View Post
    The only time they are out of the frig. Is when they are set out for people to eat during a get together and it does that to long until they start to get soft.
    And you are careful to add the exact amount of each ingredient in the recipe? not skimping?

And in the recipe I posted, it says, "Do NOT let the mixture come to a boil." I wonder if that makes a difference.

Also, do you use one package of dry (unmade) INSTANT vanilla pudding?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My parents make things harder [ 43 Answers ]

So basically my mom and dad make it harder to feel happy, my mom overspends, my dad yells, my mom and dad often argue and more recently my mom was acting/talking in a suicidal way. Ever since my mom has started this diet that my dad and I also have to be on, my mom has gotten to be more and more...

Does rum stay stay in your system longer [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 1 litre of rum and a beer 31 hours ago just did a alcohol test? Is it still in my system and the urine test is not a EtG there were times I drank 12 hours before and it was still negetive just want to make sure

How do I make my boobs a bit smaller or firmer [ 5 Answers ]

The is a rather embarrassing question but I'm 12 and I have size 12 C bra! It's annoying because boys always talk about them. My boobs are very flabby and jiggly is there any way I can make them smaller or firmer?

I Have Big Biceps Want To Make Them Harder [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Big Biceps Want To Make Them Harder, Is There Any Certain Excercises I Should Be Doing To Make Them Harder??

Does Sit Ups Make It Harder To Loose Weight? [ 3 Answers ]

Does Sit Ups Make It Harder To Loose Weight? I've Been Told That It's Harder To Loose Weight When You HAve Muscles Because Of Something I Don't Remember xD But Is That True? For Example If I Do Sit Ups To Get Rid Of My Tummy Will That Actually Help Or Just Give Me Muscles On My Stomach Along With...

View more questions Search