Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RPCLtd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 06:37 AM
    Documents Presented in Court
    Is it possible to have access to documents that were produced for the defense in a court case in UK? A client requested that a letter of appointment for a Winding Up case they had against the HMRC. We supplied this letter but I do not know if it was presented in the case, is there a way of finding out?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Hello R:

Here in the US, all court records are public. But, you need to visit the courthouse to see them.. I'll bet the laws in the UK are the same... After all, our laws are BASED on your laws.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 19, 2013, 11:48 AM
    ... After all, our laws are BASED on your laws
    With certain differences, however. In America, even Catholics have the right to keep and bear arms. (comparing the British Bill of Rights with ours.) :)

OP mentions "a client". I assume that this doesn't mean OP is a solicitor (or barrister).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to submit documents for sole custody without going to court? [ 2 Answers ]

I receive child support for my three year old child. Her father resides in Trumbull County , Warren, Ohio. He pays child support. He does not want to be involved in her life AT ALL and will only pay the child support. I need sole custody because I reside 10 hours away and will be applying for a...

I would like to file a motion with a Superior Court to obtain orignal documents [ 2 Answers ]

Plaintiff alleges: 1) a debt owed by the defendant and is past due to the Plaintiff... 2) that the defendant was acting on behalf of his martial community "if any"... 3) that the attached copy of a note is that of the defendants signature. 4) that the document was witnessed...

What documents does landlord have to have ready to take tenant to court? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a new landlord and I have to take my tenant to court for failure to pay rent in the last three months? What documents do I need to have ready? I'm kind of nervous... Also, I never got a lead paint certificate.

Received copy of court documents that I have being sued for debt that was settled. [ 1 Answers ]

Help, In 2003, I paid of my debt to a collection agency and received documentation from the debt collection company. I just received a copy of court papers stating that I'm being sued by RJM Aquisitons LCC. What do I do? Do I call the Law Firm and asked them for documentation or do I have to...

View more questions Search