Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vikas Bangalore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
    Age difference in marriage
    Dear sir,

I am aged 27 and am in love with a girl who is younger to me by 8 years. We have been committed to marry each other and our parents too know about it and have approved our relationship.

Recently, she confessed that I treat her on par with my age and our age difference is too much for her. She had always liked to get married to someone who is just 2 yrs older than her. Is our age difference too large?

She is also attracted to someone of that age who treats her like a kid over phone. I always thought that she likes to be treated like an adult. She is also of the opinion that her carefree student days have been bound by the relationship.

I am very sad about all these because I always thought that I have given her my best in life. She has come back to me with all the confessions but I have been deeply hurt. I loved her very much and thought such things wouldn't happen in our relationship.

I would like to forgive and accept her love but I request your guidance on how I can handle her. I want her to be happy.

Awaiting your reply,

With warm regards,
    Vikas
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 12:28 AM
    I doubt marriage is wise at the moment!
    She claimed she is attracted to someone her age already. She is young to get married and will wake up 1 day and probably question all of it.

Communicate your issues with her like 2 adults, discuss what you want to achieve in life. Communication is the KEY in any relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 04:32 AM
    She is not at the same place in life you are, so she wants to live and have fun. Back off and leave her alone and move on with your life and meet someone who is on your level. Leave the drama out. This is not your fault, so don't trip on guilt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage - 10 year age difference [ 8 Answers ]

I am 43 female Christian from USA. He is 33 male Muslim from India. Should we marry. I am concerned about the age and faith difference.

Age Difference [ 35 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and I have been speaking to this girl who I recently found out was 16. We like each other, do you think its wrong getting into a relationship with her? Is the age gap too big?

Age difference [ 14 Answers ]

Is it possible for a relationship between a 21 yr old female and 27 man work out with such a age gap.? Is 21 to imature for a serious relationship?

9yr age difference marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Am 21yr old man and my love is 29year old.We love each other very much and of course our love is true.We r very much understanding.We can't be separated! And so we have decided of getting married in next month.But no one knows about our relationship.I am from South India and she is from North...

Age Difference [ 7 Answers ]

I am 27 years old and my partner is 28 years older than me.We have been dating almost 2 years.I am really in love with him. But he is a control freak. I can't spend my time with my friends.He doesn't let me visit my parents because they live in another city.Nobody can come to my house because...

View more questions Search