Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sknowman Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2013, 12:32 PM
    With the main off, I get 120v from black to ground, and no reading at all from red to ground. So I need to go check the breakers at the disconnect. What am I looking for there?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 4, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Well that's progress.

Nov 6, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Power company came out this afternoon and let me change out the main breaker. We now have hot water. Thank you so much for all your help
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 04:33 PM
    You are welcome.
    Time for a hot, hot shower.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Thinkin' someone owes Harold a pizza and a beer... ;)

Nov 7, 2013, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008 View Post
    Thinkin' someone owes Harold a pizza and a beer... ;)
    Agreed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

No hot water pressure/hot water after turning main water off/on and draining water [ 5 Answers ]

I turned the main water off to our home to remove our water softener and ran the water in the kitchen and both bathrooms until no water came out. Now there is no hot water pressure or hot water at all sinks after turning the main water back on, but there is normal cold water and cold water...

I have very low hot water pressure from my hot water heafrom an electric water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have very low water pressure from my hot water heater. I can't find anything wrong.. any ideas?

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

View more questions Search