Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FlameOfChaos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 09:30 PM
    95% no motivation nowadays. Can I ever change?
    Hate on me all you want I hate myself more then you could possibly dare to hate me...
    So I go day to day; Eat play video games sleep (8-15+hrs), but the only thing that motivates me anymore is talking with friends and playing video games.

I know what I need to do (house chores+get a job/work),
    I know what I could do (draw or get out of house/go to friends place),
    I know what I should do (work on stuff for college)...
    But I can't seem to push myself to do it. You can call It laziness or depression Idk.. All I know is I have no motivation.
    I don't drink, don't smoke (anything), hate life, see all the chaos, note the forced quality of a "dollar bill". I feel that life is so worthless.. And this gives me no motivation.

Why I post a question here is. How can I fix this? I feel like I'm a flame and all I do is burn anything and everything that comes near.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Sounds like depression. You realize you have a problem and you would like to fix it...that is half the battle. Now, you need to work through this. Do you have someone you could talk to, like a psychiatrist or a doctor or someone similar?

That would probably be your first step.
    FlameOfChaos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2013, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Sounds like depression. You realize you have a problem and you would like to fix it...that is half the battle. Now, you need to work through this. Do you have someone you could talk to, like a psychiatrist or a doctor or someone similar?

That would probably be your first step.
    Rather fast reply there.
    I do not think I have some one that I could really talk to on this matter. I really only have friends and my mother (who is bipolar herself+cant afford med, persist on drinking and smoking cigs that I can't convince her to stop... )
    Income is rather low just enough for the necessity and a few extras (aka internet).
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 09:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameOfChaos View Post
    Income is rather low just enough for the necessity and a few extras (aka internet).
    Where are you located? There is probably low-cost/sliding-scale help available for you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 2, 2013, 11:37 PM
    This is so common, many people suffer from it. Look on this site, the people that are here most of the day, ready to answer any question posted. That's what they do, that mainly all they do. It's a curse in a way. Love this site, love all the people in it, and I've often called this site addictive, but like most things that are addictive it's not always a good thing.

You're in a rut. You do what you do because it's familiar, it's easy, you're used to it. Breaking that rut and changing things, that's going to be hard. But it can be done.

You know what you have to change, what needs to change. So get off the computer, sell the gaming system, step out of your comfort zone, get into therapy. You can do this. You're definitely not alone, you can find others that are suffering from the same thing just by reading your thread alone, forget about the rest of the site which will show even more victims.

Walk away from the internet and games, and find your real life. It's waiting for you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 3, 2013, 05:57 AM
    Not many role models, I guess. Mom sounds like you, and no dad, I take it.
    A father might have told you to start thinking about your livelihood starting in your teens (and helped with it too, in an ideal world), and told you that after high school, you don't get a free roof over your head, much less food and laundry and all those necessities that come before electronics. You say you have an income, but what is it, and where does it come from? Who pays your mother's necessities?
    Depression is one thing. Stagnation because you don't HAVE to get off your butt is another. Which is it? Hating yourself is born of knowing that you are an adult who should be on your own, or at least helping provide. Young, able, and intelligent.
    So which is it?

(PS: I sympathize, having been sort of like you a lot of my 67 years.)
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Nov 3, 2013, 05:58 AM
    Unless there are mental health issues here, it seems to me that you are in a rut, as has been said.

The only way out of a rut, is to get off your butt, and start moving.

I get the impression that you still live at home. I can imagine how frustrating your behavior and lack of motivation would eventually result in you being booted out.

If there is nothing wrong with you, i.e. you're hooked up to a heart machine, on oxygen, and in a wheelchair eating your meals through a straw, then what is the problem, other than you are lazy.

If you hate who you are, and you hate your life, and you know what you have to do to change it, it seems pretty obvious to me.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 3, 2013, 08:52 AM
    You have already made a first step to changing by reaching out, and recognizing that the role model you have is not giving you what you need, and need a better role model, guide, and mentor. Look around you, at work, school, or church, or another relative or friend who is trying to do better for themselves.

The people here are tough and no nonsense but have big hearts and are experienced in reality. Only YOU can build a life that YOU enjoy with family, friends and ACTIVITIES that make YOU happy. Wanting to be happy is both a motivation, and a challenge.

I think volunteering for something you are passionate about (quality of the dollar?) or helping those who have less than you do (no dad, OR mom), may benefit you greatly.

Where is your dad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nowadays, where are the piezo plates used? [ 1 Answers ]

Till now where are the piezo plates are used. In which applications or ways?

How much is jade worth nowadays [ 5 Answers ]

I have two big foo dog book ends that are made entirely of jade and I'm thinking about selling them.

Friend seems distant nowadays [ 7 Answers ]

I've been friends with this girl online for about 1.5 years. (strictly platonic) We didn't really talk a lot until about 4 months ago. From then till about May we talked like almost everyday, or quite a few times a week. And they were really fun and nice to talk to, and I was glad that she wanted...

View more questions Search