Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Ear Mites
    Quick question - my sis in Italy found a super friendly stray cat and is pretty sure it has ear mites. She has an appt. on the 7th to have it looked at, but in the meantime is wondering if over the counter drops would be okay to use. (She's a bit concerned that if the cat does NOT have ear mites the drops would do more harm than good... ) Any suggestions?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 08:22 AM
    This site (How to Get Rid of Ear Mites in a Cat: 7 Steps (with Pictures)) says, "You can get over-the-counter ear mite treatments, but prescribed treatments are often stronger."

If I were your sis, unless the cat is in distress with lots of ear rubbing, wait until the vet appointment.

Is she going to bring the cat indoors, and does she have other animals that the mites would gravitate to?

And thank your sis for rescuing this cat!
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 08:38 AM
    The cat is already living it up indoors. They have no other animals, except her two boys... (I say that with affection!) I'll let her know that Ms. Pretty Kitty should be fine until the 7th. Thank you so much!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    The cat is already living it up indoors.
    My four (spoiled) rescued cats sit in the windows and make faces at the birds and squirrels outside, like, "You don't know how nice it is in here. Lots of food, comfortable places to sit, and lots of love from humans. No one will ever make ME go outdoors again!"

And we have coyotes roaming the Chicago suburbs, so being outdoors is no longer the fun place it used to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear mites [ 2 Answers ]

We took our kitten to the vet this morning to be treated for ear mites. She is having a rough night. My husband said she got a lot of shots while there. The vet also had to sedate her somewhat because the ear mites were so bad. She is still lying around, I mean she is alert. But she has no...

Ear mites [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my name is Moriah. I have tried many ways to get rid of my dogs earmites, I have tried everything from perscriptions to home remedies and unfortunantly I'm having no luck.

Ear mites [ 2 Answers ]

My dog's been having a presistent problem with ear mites. We've taken her to the vet all the time and has been given yeast infection medicine and pesticide, but nothing works. The vets (we've gone to two) don't seem to help. The first one didn't even mention anything about ear mites and the...

Ear Mites [ 4 Answers ]

I guess my cat has had ear mites (a brownish ear build up) for a little bit now and it didnt look too bad but I started giving her drops last week for it and it almost seems grosser. Is that it being all cleared out or should I clean her ears? Does it get worse before getting better?

Ear mites [ 3 Answers ]

Where do ear mites come from

View more questions Search