Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Nov 1, 2013, 07:00 AM
    QuickBooks payroll direct deposit as Wire Transfer?
    My company has been paying us by direct deposit via Intuit/QuickBooks, and the deposit shows "QuickBooks" on my bank statement. This time, I and some co-workers had a wire transfer that deposited with yesterday's date (it shows this morning, wasn't there yesterday afternoon) even though today is payday, and shows our company's name instead of QB. It DOES show as a processed transaction and isn't in "pending" status, but there is also a wire transfer fee to my account which the boss is going to "look into" to see if something was changed by mistake while processing payroll.

It is not the first time there has been an issue of some sort with payroll through various other methods, so I'm suspicious that this is more a case of the Intuit payroll not going through due to an issue/hold between them and the company and that the wire transfer was made directly from the bank instead of through the payroll service.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar and if this could be an honest mistake. If it's something else... can I feel reasonably secure that their bank would have only processed the wire transfer if the money was there, and it therefore won't be recalled from my account? I have absolutely no wiggle room this pay period and am pretty stressed about it.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct a payroll check in quickbooks that was issued & cashed for wrong amount. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I correct an overpayment of payroll in Quickbooks. The check was issued and cashed by the employee who did not notice the small difference.

Direct Deposit payroll check someone else's account [ 4 Answers ]

Can a son direct deposit his paycheck into his mothers checking account?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.