Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samieet Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Nov 1, 2013, 02:18 AM
    Stuck
    Hi I just wanted to know what scope of content mean, in terms of writing an essay.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 03:08 AM
    It means the 'subject matter'
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2013, 03:39 AM
    From my experience I have found that a surprising number of students don't know how to construct an essay.

Basically, the introduction to an essay should outline the scope of your essay. In other words, the issues you are going to address in the essay. The content refers to the way you treat the issues outlined in your introduction in the main part of the essay.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 1, 2013, 05:50 AM
    Think of it like a speech.
    A good speech has 3 parts: first you say what you are going to say (outline, introduction, scope), then you say it (taking as many words as needed, the longest part of the speech), then you summarize it (and include any topics/theories for future discussion).
    You basically say the same thing 3 times albeit in different ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Paid the mortgage payment on the company facility. Use the Excel PMT function to determine the payment and create an amortization table to determine the necessary items to journalize. The mortgage was signed on July 1, 2004. The mortgage was for 25 years, $125,000 was borrowed at 5% rate, and...

I'm stuck on this on! [ 1 Answers ]

Consider the following reaction, which takes place in an autoclave at 250^oC and 800 atm. Na3(g)+ 7/4O2(g) -> NO2(g)+ 3/2H2O(g) Into the reaction vessel has been placed 200L of NH3(g) and 120L of O2(g). The reaction is allowed to go to completion. Determine the quantity, in moles, of gas that...

I'm Stuck [ 1 Answers ]

Hilton Company’s stockholders’ equity includes 75,000 shares of $5 par value, 8% cumulative preferred stock and 200,000 shares of $1 par value common stock. Both classes of stock have been outstanding since the company’s inception. Hilton did not declare any dividends in the prior year, but it...

I'm stuck [ 4 Answers ]

I managed to find a record in a 1930 census showing my great grandfather is a William Naratzka born 1851 in Germany. That is the ONLY reference I can find for him and I have no idea of his wife's name. I have went though sites all day and am getting no where. Anyone have a suggestion? His...

Stuck [ 11 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do any more. The man I live with is a drug addict, abusive and just plain cruel. I've tried the shelters but their full. Also, you have to have a police referral. But that's a joke. Every time they come out, they make him go downstairs. They took pictures of my face and neck...

View more questions Search