Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kou Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2013, 07:32 PM
    Boyfriend issue
    My boyfriend and I been dating for a while about a year and a half now.. we started having sex a year into the relationship. And now I want to stop having sex because I feel like its not right as a Christian.I been reading my bible and I really want to be committed to God.we planned on getting marry after college.I talked to him about not having sex anymore until we marry but he got mad and said I am taking away the intimacy of our relationship.now, I don't know what to do.. any advice?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2013, 07:48 PM
    This is what happens when you open Pandoras box.

You have to do what you feel is right for you... even if it means he walks away.
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Oct 31, 2013, 08:10 PM
    kou - well, I'd say that if he really loves you and shares your values, he would not only respect your wishes but also share the same desire as yours to be committed to God. Give him some time to process things and try to understand where you are coming from, while abstaining from intimacy with him. If he never comes around, he may not be the right person for you. Real love is not about sex but about respect and cherishing each other. This is your first real test of your love, I think.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 1, 2013, 11:49 AM
    While sex is intimate... it's not the only intimate thing in a relationship. If he can't take your personal convictions seriously then perhaps you need to rethink the entire relationship.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2013, 03:09 PM
    If sex is the only intimacy your relationship has, there's something wrong. I recommend sticking to your convictions, though gently and lovingly, and proceed with caution. The others are correct: you need to be willing to let go of him if he won't respect your wishes regarding your own body.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 1, 2013, 04:06 PM
    Sounds to me like all he cares about is sex. There are many ways to be intimate in a relationship, without having sex. If you feel that this is wrong based on your beliefs, and you want to stop, he should respect that decision. If he doesn't, you know where his priorities lie. Sounds like sex is what's important to him, not you, or your beliefs. Love means understanding. If he really loves you, keeping his pee pee in his pants until your married, isn't a big deal at all.

I'd seriously reconsider this relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend Issue! Need Help! [ 2 Answers ]

So I've been going out with my boyfriend for almost 5 months and I love him dearly, but there has been multiple issues all pertaining to the same thing and I would really appreciate other people's advice on it. Before he asked me out there was another girl that liked him but at the time he...

Gay ex boyfriend issue [ 3 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend that I broke up with has recently come out as gay and has a boyfriend, I have a very close guy friend that I have no feelings for but whenever I bring him up to my ex or he sees us together he gets mad and it is tearing our friendship apart, I'm just tired of him either hating me or...

What should I do about me and my ex-boyfriend's issue? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm a bit new to this so bear with me if I don't do it right lol, Well me and my ex had dated for about a year and things were up and down for us because of me living at home and dealing with my parents. To make a long story short we broke up due to "failer to communicate". I got to...

Boyfriend issue. [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been going out since last October and lately he hasn't wanted to hold me and he tells me he loves me sometimes but I'm worried that something is wrong he didn't come to bed last night I went to bed before him and he was with his mom in her room all night it was 3 in the...

View more questions Search