Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmm23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2013, 06:27 PM
    A deck of cards is shuffled, and I choose one at random, observe its color, and repla
    A deck of cards is shuffled, and I choose one at random, observe its color, and replace it in the set. The cards are thoroughly reshuffled, and I again choose a card at random, observe its color, and replace it in the set. This process is repeated until I get a red card with X denoting the number of draws required. The random variable X has which of the following probability distributions?

A. The normal distribution, with mean 26 and variance 13
    B. The binomial distribution, with parameters n = 52 and p = 0.5
    C. The binomial distribution, with parameters n = 26 and p = 0.5
    D. None of the answers is correct
    Celine91 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Nov 1, 2013, 12:37 PM
    This is a geometric distribution (experiment performed repeatedly until particular outcome is observed). A sequence of independent Bernoulli trials, each with probability of success p, and X number of the first trial at which a success is recorded. P(X = n) = (1-p)^n-1 * p

so answer is none of the above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deck of playing cards [ 0 Answers ]

From a ordinary deck of playing cards a single card is randomly drawn. What is the probability that the card is a king or a heart?

PROBABILITY deck of cards [ 4 Answers ]

In a card deck, what is the probability of drawing a 3 or king from a deck without replacement? Drawing at least one king when you draw cards from a standard deck 20 times; assume you replace the card each time you draw, so there are always 52 cards to draw from? please help me break this...

Probabilities in a deck of cards [ 9 Answers ]

What are the probabilities of getting an a's in a deck of standar cards?

Deck of cards [ 2 Answers ]

How many face cards are in a standard deck of cards?

View more questions Search