Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2013, 12:10 AM
    Green Card, United States
    A Chinese citizen marries an American. They apply for a Green Card after marriage. It is issued. How often do they have to go to United States and how long a time per year do they need to live in US. To maintain green card.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Oct 31, 2013, 11:44 PM
    Six months...
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 7, 2013, 08:19 PM
    They should return to the US every 6 months, and try to stay in the US as long as possible. They should also have as many ties to the US as possible. File taxes, maintain a residence, car, drivers license, bank accounts, credit cards, physicians, insurance, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green card and F-1 travel outside United States [ 0 Answers ]

Hi , I'm current a F-1 student and I would like to travel to CanCun or adjacent islands. Do I need to contact ICE office before I travel or do I just need to bring my relevant document to show that I have studied in the U.S? If yes, what do I need to bring with me to travel? My uncle has a...

I have a green card,my husband doesn't.He has a record. Can he stay in the states? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are getting divorced. He doesn't have a legal right to be here.I have a green card. Can I call INS and have him deported?

Divorce and 2yr. Green card going back to the States [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2yr green card and I got divorced. My husband filled our separation date as the day I entered the country. I needed to divorce so I was not able to change the paper work. Now I am back in my home country and I want to go back to the States. Will I have problem when I am entering the States?...

Credit card debt, can I lose my home? United States [ 33 Answers ]

I have about 40,000 in unsecured debt, I own my house with no mortgage. I built this debt up after my husband abandoned us and our children and then I found out I had received a sexually transmitted disease from my husband, this sent me into a depression and I was unable to work for quite a while....

View more questions Search