Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gunjan_prmr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2013, 10:11 AM
    Federal & State Tax Return
    Hi,
    I am working on OPT since Oct 2012. As per today my federal tax details are as below :
    FEDERAL W/H ( CURRENT ($) =485.57 & YTD ($) = 7885.53 )

So if I am filling tax return in 2014 as single then how much federal tax refund should I expect? I am married and I am planning to bring my wife here by December so does that matter while filling? If yes, then in that case how much benefit I should expect?
    I am from India and I did my MS here.

Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

W&T, federal&state income tax refund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was a Work & Travel participant and worked 4 months in the year 2009 under the J-1 visa (I am from the Czech Republic). I was trying to do my federal and state tax return but have some doubts; In previous years I used services of an agent and my adjusted gross income as well as the...

US Federal & State Tax Filling - 2007 & 2008 [ 7 Answers ]

HI, Writing WRT my US Tax filling. I require to file my US tax returns for the current and the last year. (i.e. for year 2007 & 2008). I had been to US in 2007 for 44 days starting 09/02/2007 to 10/15/2007 and in 2008 for 42 days starting 11/09/2008 to 12/20/2008. My visa status is H1 B. Due to...

Am I (J-1 Intern in US from China) exempt from Federal, State & FICA Tax? [ 6 Answers ]

I'm from China, and I'm NOT a student now. I'm now working as an INTERN at a NON-academic company under my SECOND US J-1 visa, starting from December 12, 2007, with a annual salary US$60,000. (Under my FIRST US J-1 visa, I worked as a TRAINEE in the same non-academic company from July 13, 2006...

Federal & State tax not withheld by employer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, One of my friend's employer didn't withheld federal & state tax for the entire year 2006. Now his current year's tax is around $3,000. Last year's tax was around $275. I want to know, whether he is supposed to pay any penalty or interest? If yes, then is there any option for paying...

F-1 Student, Federal &/vs. State Tax return [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the State Tax return. I am a student on an F-1 visa and have been filing the 1040 NR-EZ and 8843 every year (as told by my school). In previous years a treaty prevented any federal or state tax to be withheld from my earnings, but not this past year (treaty with Germany...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.