Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Peacefuljoy28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 09:26 PM
    If I install a rug runner (jute backing) on my stairs, should I install a padding?
    I tore up the carpeting on my main stairway and it has pine wood steps. I’m stapling a Persian rug with a jute backing. Does it need a padding to keep it quiet for the downstairs tenants? What kind of padding should I use? Also may I just staple it instead of tacking it? Should I bind the edge that I had to cut to fit it?
    Much thanks!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2013, 03:50 AM
    Here is one opinion:
    How to Install a Stair Runner | This Old House

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jute Back carpet on stairs [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting down a jute back carpeting on my stairway to my basement. Do I need a padding? Do I need to glue it down?

How do I install runner between carpet and laminate flooring? [ 1 Answers ]

We've installed the flooring and there is a half inch gap between the them. The flooring is installed on top of concrete. We have purchased a runner from home depot, however it did not come with any instructions and there are no pre-drilled holes. So how do we attach it? Glue? Finish nails into...

Can I put a jute backed rug on a laminate without a rug pad or will it ruin thefloor [ 14 Answers ]

I have a Pergo laminate floor and I want to buy a jute backed rug to put on part of the floor. Do I need a rug pad (and what kind) or can I just lay the rug without ruining the laminate flooring.

Upstairs controls Down Stairs after new thermostat install [ 4 Answers ]

HEy. I have a two story house with a heat pump ( I think). There is a thermosat upstairs and one downstairs. I was told there is a damper in between to control air flow. I just changed the original thermostats to two new programmable Honeywells. The upstairs thermostat now controls the downstairs...

Install chair rail up the stairs [ 1 Answers ]

How do I design and install a chair rail up the stairs. The chair rail is 36" from the floor, but going up the stairs it seems to high.

View more questions Search