Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olliejones46 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 11:31 AM
    Help (URGENT)
    I have a rare medical condition (don't know name) but when I laugh too hard my muscles go into spasms and I colapse or fall to the ground, how do I tell my mates to try not to make me laugh so much. Ta muchly x
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2013, 12:08 PM
    I think a direct approach works best. Otherwise why would they assume you have a problem almost nobody else has ever heard about.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 12:30 PM
    Learn what the name of the condition is and how it causes the reaction that it does. Then you will be able to explain to your friends what is happening and why. You can also learn about other people with your condition and how they have coped.

Just saying don't make me laugh sounds like a dare or challenge. You need to be up front and sincere about the issue as you can be.

If need be, you might need a parent to explain to them what is going on so that they can understand you aren't playing a trick on them or trying to gain sympathy by making something up. Children don't always believe what a mate tells them. An adult may also be able to explain what they can do to help you if something happens.

If they intentionally try to make you collapse, then they aren't your friends. If they understand what is happening and try to help you then they are. Choose your friends carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urgent [ 2 Answers ]

One month passed since I had unprotected intercourse.. took an ecp even though he did not ejaculate inside me. Got an ultrasound today and took a hpt. Its negative and the ultrasound report is normal. Could I still be pregnant. I had bleeding for 3 days which was lighter than my normal menses...

Urgent or not? [ 4 Answers ]

I am a 25single year old female who has had a cough and congestion for two weeks. The past two days however I've had tightning in my chest making it increasingly uncomfortable and difficult to breath coughing up yellow frothy stuff. For about an hour this am I was coughing up dark brown blood but...

Please help urgent [ 11 Answers ]

My dad is from Italy and he came here 20 years ago to work and has since opened his own business etc and worked ever since to provide for his family. My mother has worked on and off very little for minimum wage and has barely contributed to anything. I hate her and I don't want to live with her and...

Please help me urgent [ 2 Answers ]

Unfortunately I have posted some private data.. I want to delete that post or make it invisible kindly help me please.. It's urgent. Thanks in advance

Urgent! [ 0 Answers ]

So for some reason there is red all around my eyes. Yet my eyes themselves are not red at all. Also my eyes feel like their burning and are sore as well. I don't know what's wrong. I tried taking out my contacts a couple of hours ago but there's nothing wrong. In addition I tried some eye drops but...

View more questions Search