Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joenae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 03:16 AM
    Statue of limitations of Hippa laws after your license expires
    If an Nursing assistant goes through HIPPA training and confidentiality of patients. Her license expires and now is trying to further her education with a community college nursing program. In the mean time witnessed personal hospital stay reguarding mental health issues that was confidential. She then took that personal info made a court declaration on events she witnessed to interfere with a visitatation case to maliciously hurt the individual. Can she be in trouble with the prior training she has had on HIPPA and confidentiality with medical and mental health issues.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2013, 04:54 AM
    If she testified in court, under oath, then she probably did not violate. There is no expiration on HIPAA training. Even if not trained ignorance of the law is no excuse. Her license expiring has nothing to do with whether she violated HIPAA or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of Limitations expires during a lawsuit [ 3 Answers ]

I'm being sued for a defaulted credit card by an attorney representing LVNV LLC. I live in Texas so the statue of limitations is 4 years. It will be 4 years next month since my last transaction or payment. Can I use the SOS if the court date is set for after next month? I'm also still waiting for a...

Statue of Limitations [ 4 Answers ]

I received a post secondary student loan in 1995. I didn't have a GED or High School diploma when I received this loan. I went to school and graduated but never received my diploma for the school, obviously because I didn't have a GED or HS diploma. I never repaid the loan. It has now been 13...

Statue of limitations [ 7 Answers ]

Hello my question is is there a statue of limitations on a complaint filed and one more thing if my home was raided by the FBI the things that they took can I get them back if it is a statue of limitations on a complaint and how long does it last? Thanks! M.Andrews

Statue of Limitations [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a question about the statue of limitations. In 2003 my boyfriend at the time, (now husband) was injured at a rodeo in Utah. At that time we lived in Idaho and still do, we were just at a rodeo when he was injured. We received a bill for charges and paid those charges off. But apparently...

Statue of limitations [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations for credit card debt in the state of New Jersey?

View more questions Search