Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CharPorter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 09:23 PM
    Company provided Health insurance
    Is there a specified amount of time for an employer to present new health care insurance information to employees and for them to sign up for coverage? It seems most companies begin open enrollment in October, my husband's employer has consistently presented the information and given employees less than 2-3 weeks to make a decision.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2013, 04:56 AM
    The law says everyone must have insurance by a January deadline. 2-3 weeks should be enough time to make a decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

How to start a health insurance company? [ 8 Answers ]

What is needed in order to start a health insurance company in NJ/NY? What are the state rules and regulatory standards? I want to start an insurance company competing with Aetna etc... not an agency.

Employer provided health insurance and preexisting conditions [ 3 Answers ]

If an employee with a preexisting condition is terminated and selects to take COBRA coverage until he/she finds a new job, will there a be a problem getting coverage under the new employer's plan due to the preexisting condition?

View more questions Search