Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C-SALES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Lost Password
    Hello!

I bought my 12 year old granddaughter a used Compaq N400c laptop and docking station. After I set it up with windows XP Pro, she put in a power key password. And, you can guess, forgot what it was. I have taken it to a repair shop and they have no way of unlocking the computer. Does anyone have an idea of how I can get by the password on the power key? I do not mind reformatting the hard drive as it does not contain anything important but the programs I installed. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Well this is the issue, if for example this is really the case, but what if for example you actually bought a stolen computer with a password on it.

So you need to work with the 12 year old and let her try to remember the password. You can also contact a authorised dealer, after they check for ownership of the computer, they should be able to do something's for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Password [ 1 Answers ]

We have an advent laptop whereby it is not letting us into the system it is saying that the password is not recognised but it has not been changed.

Password [ 1 Answers ]

I may be in the wrong place but maybe someone can answer my question. Every time I try to login to hotmail it asks for my password. It hasn't always done this. It use to just go on to my hotmail page. Now it asks for the address and the password to go to my e-mail. I have told it to remember...

Lost mdb password [ 3 Answers ]

Hello ! I'm new to this site. Here's my problem I created a password for a mdb access, and now it won't let me back in. the user name box keeps telling me it's the wrong password. I've search the web for a password recovery fix but it seems everyone wants the money. No shareware. And I wouldn't...

A password for my PC [ 4 Answers ]

Hello experts, How can I do a password for my PC so no one can use it. Thanks in advance

View more questions Search