Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5122160448 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Changing out thermostat
    Im changing out thermostats and there are more wires for only four wires connected to the old one. There are7 wires in the wall. Witch ones do I conect. Just the 4 original or all 7?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2013, 05:46 PM
    The same 4 wires you removed from old tstat only

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing T8011R 1006 thermostat to a RTH2300 thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I removed my T8011R 1006 thermostat and installed a RTH2300 thermostat to a Goodman Model CPLT60-1 AC unit. I tried getting the air below 76 degrees by setting the thermostat down to 68 degrees, but it only cools down to 76 degrees. I had 7 wires connected to my T8011R 1006 thermostat. I tired...

Changing rheem thermostat to a honeywell thermostat. [ 0 Answers ]

I disconnected the rheem thermostat from the wall and did not mark the wiring, so now I'm having difficulty connecting the honeywell thermostat because I don't know which colors go with which codes

Changing over from White Rogers Thermostat to Honeywell Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Changing over from a White Rogers Thermostat model 1F78-151, which is a single stage thermostat for heat only. What Honeywell Thermostat is compatible with this brand? Thanks, Ruth

Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate...

Changing Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I changed our thermostat tonight. We bought a Honeywell T87F 2873 Heating-Cooling Low Voltage Thermostat, when we took the plate off the old one it had 4 wires instead of the two wire set up. We connected the 2 black to each other, and the 2 white then put it back together. The...

View more questions Search