Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joycelk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2013, 09:56 AM
    Will my two goldfish be OK while tank cycles and nitrates are high?
    I set up my ten gallon tank let it run for a week then put in two goldfish a month later my nitrates are high I do 25% change and vacumn once a week. Water looks and smells clean added prime and put in safe water how long before my tank cycles and nitrates go down?
    DrGuy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 03:28 AM
    Nitrate is the end product of the aquarium cycle. The only effective way to make it go down is water changes. Most likely your issue is that the tank is much too small. Goldfish are messy fish and they get big. 10g isn't nearly large enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goldfish on the bottom of a tank. [ 1 Answers ]

In the past couple of days, our goldfish has been acting weird. It's area underneath it front fins has swelled. I looked up Swim Bladder Disease and Constipated Gold fish and it does not appear to be the problem as they are not swimming upside down. We introduced a new fish(scavenger) about two...

Goldfish tank pump [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what size pump I need for a 420 litre fish tank:confused:i have had the tank for over a year and have recently moved to acreage and tank water my fish are gasping for oxygen and the filter is constantly black what can I do to help my fish

High Nitrite and nitrates... but not ammonia [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 30 gall.freshwater tank. In this tank I keep 4 angel fish. 1 tire track eel (at this time approx 3 inch. Long) 2 small frogs and 4 chinese cleaner fish. I faithfully do water changes every week ( 25 - 30% ) Up to this point I have not been testing the water.The tank has been a long...

Why do goldfish gulp air but in a pond not tank? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi we have a middle size garden pond holds about 2000 litres. This last month we have found that the fish are staying at the top nearly all the time. We have approx. 25 fish ranging from 4inches to 10inches. They are all some type of goldfish although lots of different colours. We have a...

Air bubbles in my goldfish tank [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small hexagon tank for my 2 goldfish, it has a filter that pumps out small air bubbles into the tank, the tank is around 15 litres. I am worried because there seems to be a lot of air bubbles in the tank, will this harm my fish?

View more questions Search