Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lknadler Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2005, 06:10 PM
    Portable washer/dryer
    I have a portable washer/dryer combo machine which is connected to the kitchen sink when in use. A faucet adapter is for the connection. The faucet adapter seems to work well when connecting the hose to the faucet, however, it is very difficult to disconnect the hose after the washer/dryer cycle is completed. I turn off the water before trying to disconnect, but it appears that the pressure inside the hose is preventing an easy disconnect. After struggling with the adapter for a few minutes which seems to release some pressure, the
    Disconnects easily. Is there anything I can do to make this easier?

Thanks,
    Linda
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2005, 07:30 PM
    Has it always been that way? Try turning the water off, and then turning the washer to the fill cycle, opening the valve. That should release only a little water, but all the pressure.

Feb 10, 2005, 07:43 PM
    Ms.
    I just tried your suggestion and it worked! Thanks
    Oldllady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 07:33 PM
    The portable I had had a red button on the top of the adaptor. I pushed it ot release the pressure before removing it from the faucet. Does yours have one?

Oct 14, 2010, 05:30 AM
    Thanks for your response. No, my portable does not have a red button, but I found that the above suggestion from labman did work for me.

Linda
    mtjsm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Where can I get the faucet hookups for my w/d .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer/Dryer hookup installations [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking to get a condo but the condo (on second floor-only two floors) does not have w/d hookups. I was told it can be done (but I'm finding out for sure if it'll get approved by the board). Anyway, my question is does anyone have any idea of how much (estimate) it would be to install w/d...

Washer Dryer Hook-up [ 5 Answers ]

I just inherited my sister's 8 year old washer and dryer (gas). The super came by and told us he would need to replace some of the hook-ups, for a total of $170. That seems a little bit expensive. Is that a normal price to replace the washer hoses, necessary clamps and valves, the gas line, etc?...

Washer/dryer Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have recently moved my washer/dryer and now the drying programme doesn't work - I keep getting an error message. I think it may be because the hose pipe doesn't go far enoughdown the external pipe. Sorry I'm not a plumber as you can see so I hope you understand what I mean. Any ideas? ...

Washer/dryer installation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am very interested in a certain older home that has been remodeled. There is weirdness, though. The remodelers installed washer connections where the refrigerator is clearly supposed to go, and the utility closet has a dryer connection (about 15 feet away). I would either want to put the...

Moving washer and dryer to basement [ 3 Answers ]

I am buying a new house that has the washer and dryer located on the main floor, but I want to move it into the unfinished basement (as well as add a laundry tub). There is a rough in for a bathroom directly below where the washer and dryer are currently located, and I'd like to move the washer...

View more questions Search