Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    browm90 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 07:03 PM
    Honda weed eater dies when give it gas
    my honda hht35s will not run when give it gas dies starts fine so I felt that maybe was carburetor so went bought new one and new filter in the tank washed tank out with high test premium gas filled up tank with premium gas new air filter checked screen in muffler looks brand new checked plug looks good what am I missing there are no adjustments on carburetor other than throttle ajustment
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2013, 08:20 AM
    Take muffler off and look at the exhaust ports.
    Premium gas bad , need low octane.
    Higher octane will run to hot and score cylinder.
    Check fuel lines and make sure there are no cracks.
    Could be a cylinder gasket leak.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 5, 2013, 08:28 AM
    Hi,
    Honda trimmers are OHV four strokes and as such are prone to need valves adjustments at times. The adjustment clearance is very small and sensitive. Some models were also prone to rocker arm wear, especially if the adjustment did not seem to "last." Arm replacement is the only way out there, and doo check the studs they mount to at the same time.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put new line in my model weed eater 1215 weed eater? [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for an owners manual for model 1215 weed eater

Weed eater xt 40 gas ratio? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the oil to gas ratio on a weed eater XT40T?

Weed Eater XT 40 T Gas [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to sell the one that I have, but I do not know the value of it. It is in excellent condition and hardly ever used... Could you please help me out with a price... Thanks

Featherlite weed eater not getting gas [ 2 Answers ]

My featherlite Plus is about 3 years old. Has worked without any problem until last time I went to use it. Would not start. Used starter fluid and started and worked until all started fluid was gone. Bulb is hard to press and engine does not seem to get gas.

Weed eater dies at full throttle [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys My weed eater (2 stroke 50:1) starts up fine and runs OK until I put my finger on the trigger to bring it up to running speed to cut the grass. At this point it dies instantly. I'm 100% on the fuel/oil ratio and have checked the air filter which is clear. I'm looking for ideas on how to...

View more questions Search