Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meimei1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 02:39 PM
    Russian attitude about pet dogs and dog food
    Help! I have part Russian background, took Russian in university, have briefly visited Moscow (felt totally at home there), Leningrad, and cities in the Ukraine, and didn't see any dogs during my visit (back in 1985).
    Now I'm participating in a training activity for veterinary students; my role is to pretend to be a Russian dog owner, and the vet college is wondering if there are any cultural considerations regarding an overweight dog.
    So...
    Do Russians "normally" "generally" feed their dogs commercial pet food or table scraps?
    Can anyone out there who is Russian tell me if they have ever argued with their vet about their pet's weight?
    Thank you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 05:39 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't think there are any Russians on this site. If there are, there probably wouldn't be enough for a valid take on your research. You narrow it down even more by specifically asking for a Russian dog owner with an overweight dog.

I don't think you're going to find answers here, not for that specific a criteria.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best dog food for dogs to gain weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently got a 2year old staffordshire bull terrier, who needs filling up what is the best food I can give him?

My dog will not eat his but he will eat other dogs food [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 week yorkie he will not eat his food but if I dump it on the floor he will but he does not eat all of it and it is hard to picup because it sticks to the floor but when I take him to my moms he eats all of her dogs food what should I do

Dog food that helps dogs gain weight? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 14 month old German Shepherd.He is not neutered.His weight is 92 pounds but I can see all of his ribs and this concerns me.We feed him high quality food and he gets plenty of exercise. Should I be concerned?

My dog stop eating his dog food or drink but he will eat table food [ 6 Answers ]

Last week we took a long road trip and took our dog with us. On the trip he eat his food with no problems but we did give him table food at times. Now he will not eat his food unless it's mixed with table food and he will no drink from his water bowl. Can you help? Should I take him to the vet?

Russian people's attitude towards pet dogs [ 28 Answers ]

I hope I am posting this in the correct category. I have some puppies for sale and have been contacted by a Russian man. He has a wife and daughter, a house with a garden and he says he likes walking and the dog will live in the house. The wife is home during the day to care for a pup. They have...

View more questions Search