Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neoma1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Hard drives
    Can I swap a hard drive from a Dell to a Compaq without needing any other bits and bobs?
    As the hard drive has died in the compaq and the screen has died from the Dell.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 07:45 AM
    Perhaps. The issue is whether the Compaq PC has the correct form factor to accept the Dell's hard drive. If the PCs are about the same age you may get lucky, but if one is older than the other probably not. I suggest you open up both machines ansd see if the form factors are the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

Can I connet to hard drives in the same PC

2 hard drives [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 hard drives in my 3ghz 512 video memory and 1 ghz of RAM but my computer run slow do I need more RAM.:)

Two hard drives [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a computer with Windows ME installed on the slave drive,and I just installed Windows XP Home on the Master drive. What I would like to be able to do is use either OS I want. Rght now I can use the XP home OS but not the Windows ME OS. I can open the drive with Windows ME on it by going...

Hard drives [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean my hard drive and reinstall windows and hardware. How Thanks Fred ? :-/

Hard Drives [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question on SATA Hard Drives. I am planning on installing 1 SATA Drive, and I have 1 IDE drive also, I want to use, Which would be the Master, or can it be either, I know with IDE you use Slot 1 for Master and then if you want to have a slave. But with SATA I am not sure how that...

View more questions Search