Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rohin Arora Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Connecting DVR to router
    hi all, I am using a TP-Link router. A Hik-Vision DVR( for security cameras) is attached to it. All was working fine until one day the router stopped working. After many failed attempts, I reset the router which solved the problem but a new problem arose. The DVR connected to the router through LAN stopped showing up on the pc.
    What could be the problem? where should I start ?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 25, 2013, 09:41 AM
    Depending on how you reset the router it may have reverted to the default factory configuration. If the IP address configuration that was in use on the router's LAN side before the reset was not the factory default, resetting the router may have orphaned the DVR on the subnet that previously was in use. Check the IP addressing on both the router's LAN side and the DVR and ensure they are configured for the same subnet.

Oct 26, 2013, 12:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scleros View Post
    Depending on how you reset the router it may have reverted to the default factory configuration. If the IP address configuration that was in use on the router's LAN side before the reset was not the factory default, resetting the router may have orphaned the DVR on the subnet that previously was in use. Check the IP addressing on both the router's LAN side and the DVR and ensure they are configured for the same subnet.

Thanks for replying.. you are right.The IP of the DVR got reset in the router settings.I changed it to match the previous setting i.e. before the reset.Still no connection.

Oct 26, 2013, 02:24 AM
    Thank you for the help.. solved the problem!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making a security dvr wireless to my router [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to make my DVR wireless to connect to my router any suggestions?

Connecting hdtv, cable, dvr/vhs combo recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have connected our Sony hdtv to Comcast cable box with hdmi cord (input hdmi1 ) And a dvd/vhs recorder (SONY RDR-VXD655) via hdmi cord. (input hdmi 2) I also connected the recorder to cable via the audio/video cord (red, yellow, white) cord (as manual directed) (as cable “tech” suggested I...

Connecting 2 PC's using a router [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have two laptops (both with windows xp) at home and they are connected wirelessly to the internet through a WRT54GL v1.1 linksys router (both laptops have a built-in wireless card). How could I connect my two laptops together wirelessly through the router and be able to access the files on...

View more questions Search