Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thedoomedonly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Giant Robot anime
    Bugging me for years. I saw an anime in the early 80's (I assume it from around then, I watched it on a VHS tape) that featured a war between a group of pilots, maybe 3 or 4 that could join into 1 giant robot. This robot had a red head with red spikes kind of like the statue of liberty. The bad guys had giant robots that could joint together too to form 1 giant super robot, there were maybe 6 of them. I think it was feature length but possibly several episodes of a series put together. Also it seemed to me no not be childish. It wasn't adult but PGish. I recall it being sort of dark and sinister and violent. Please help me.
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Oct 24, 2013, 12:36 PM
    Kind of sounds like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and their ability to become Zords and Megazords.
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Oct 24, 2013, 09:36 PM
    Sounds like one of the
    Versions of,

Getter Robo
    A.k.a. Starvengers
    A.k.a Formators

-Starvengers prt 1-

90's version
    Shin Getter Robo
    ------------
    thedoomedonly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 10:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by straydog View Post
    Sounds like one of the
    Versions of,

Getter Robo
    A.k.a. Starvengers
    A.k.a Formators

-Starvengers prt 1-

90's version
    Shin Getter Robo
    ------------
    Starvengers! Yes! That's it! Thank you very much. That had been bugging me for so long. And the whole series is on YouTube! Going to watch it now. Thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sci-fi anime robot [ 1 Answers ]

I watched a Sci-fi show, where there was a robot/android black with I believe was a 8 on its chest and when he fights he runs back and forth past its target cutting it with its sharp hands. He had a human face and I believe he had a body fashioned like casshern with the same type of action like...

Anime film about a robot girl [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know the title of an anime film I watched like a year ago, it looked pretty new, so its most probably post-2000, about a girl who is a robot but she doesn't know, and a human boy that falls in love with her, while in the city there's some kind of war going on, and the girl is like a...

List of giant robot movies from the 80's? [ 0 Answers ]

This is about people that live on a giant robot and try to find the other robot that is the same as the one they live on. The kid sets off after his dad is accused or overthrown don't remember with his friend and finds the other robot but needs to give his blood or his friends can't remember, to...

Old phoenix robot anime movie [ 1 Answers ]

Please help... it was the old movie, maybe end of 80' and beginning of 90' about a couple of girls floating into the space when some green thing came in and made one of them pregnant(I think she was the captain of the ship), and the last scene was all of them (I think) landind on some distant...

View more questions Search