Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninakm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2013, 08:47 AM
    How to wire new thermostat
    I bought a new thermostat that has 4 wires unit is a lennox G12RQ3-82-6 where does the blue wire go?
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Oct 24, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I believe the blue one is usually used to power the thermostat without the need for batteries. If your thermostat runs on batteries then chances are the blue cable will not be used. That's just a guess though as wire colors can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Your best bet would be to follow the cable back to the unit, and see what they plug in to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewiring an old 2 wire Taco thermostat.. blue & white wire only [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have an old 2 wire Taco analog thermostat and want to upgrade to a digital thermostat. The wires are white and blue (the red wire is cut and not connected to anything) and neither terminal is labelled. Any suggestions on how to wire new device? Thanks

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire to a programmable [ 1 Answers ]

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire both to a programmable thermostat, need wiring information

Hunter 44905 Thermostat ground wire connector- where do the wire go [ 0 Answers ]

Just bought hunter 44905 thermostat and the wires that goes to the old one include the ground wire.where do this wire go on my new hunter 44905 thermostat connector? Thanks

Replacing 4 wire White Rogers Thermostat with 5 Wire Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old White-Rogers thermostat with only 4 wires coming out of the wall and need to replace it but the only new ones I find (at Home Depot) have 5 wires. How do I hook up a 5 wire thermostat to 4 wires and still have it work properly? Big John

I'm replacing an old 2 wire thermostat with a Hunter (#44155C). Wire placement? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not sure of the wire placement. I have a black and white wire attached to my old thermostat. The new thermostat has attachments labeled G, RC, Rh, Y/O, W/B, Y1. There is a jumper connecting RC and RH. Do I connect the black wire to RH and the white wire to W/B? Any help would be greatly...

View more questions Search