Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennifer Robert Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2013, 12:40 AM
    Am I married
    My husband was in prison under a alias name. He has no documents stating that as his real name at all. Are we legally married still.

Oct 22, 2013, 12:50 AM
    Am I married
    My husband was in prison under his alias name and we got married but he has no documents stating that is his name. Are we legally married.

Oct 22, 2013, 12:53 AM
    In desperate need
    What is the cheapest way to get divorced. I desperately need help
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 22, 2013, 01:02 AM
    Yes you are married.

It may have been illegal for him to sign the marriage license using a name not his own, but you have to prove you didn't know (not easy before the court), so you will be advised to just get a divorce. I don't know of a state that has forms for canceling a marriage based on use of an alias.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 22, 2013, 06:03 AM
    The cheapest way to get a divorce is to trot down to the County Courthouse and file papers. The easiest way to have papers is to get a copy of someone else's quick divorce and change the names to yours.
    There will be a filing fee. When I did it about 20 years ago, it was $100 in that state.
    BUT
    If hubby isn't in agreement and willing to sign, it gets complicated, and you should look locally for the cheapest lawyer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A married woman has an affair and gets pregnant by a married man. Married man agrees [ 2 Answers ]

A married woman has an affair and gets pregnant by a married man. Married man agrees to let woman's husband be the "father" believing it is in the best interest of the baby and all involved. Later, man finds out that husband bailed on baby and woman gets on drugs. Woman then gives baby up for...

View more questions Search