Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    murraywalk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 01:28 PM
    I have a hustler - after I mows awhile and heats up it starts running really ragged.
    I have changed the gas and filters - It only gets rough after heated up - once cooled again it runs OK until heated up again Advice ?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 02:40 PM
    Hi,
    My first question would be "Do you have a Kawasaki FH series air-cooled V-twin engine on the machine?" The first few years had notorious ignition module problems. I had cases where I replaced one only to have the other fail. It got to the point where I campaigned (and won) to replace both modules with the newer modules under warranty. In many cases I could get adjustments on out-of-warranty machines. For some reason they can go for varying times but both seem to fail about the same time, like halogen headlamps.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2013, 06:48 PM
    I agree with Clarke, But I would also have the valve clearance checked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda accord cuts off when car heats up after driving awhile [ 1 Answers ]

The car starts up and runs good for a while after about 20-30mins it cuts off it restarts every time but it keeps cutting off replaced distributor could it be relay switch and where is it located .

Gas Dryer Heats for awhile then stops drying [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Gas HE4 dryer. I just replaced the ignitor and thermal fuse. It now seems like the dryer starts to dry and then stops. Is this the valve coils?

1989 honda civic stalls out after running for awhile [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1989 honda civic lx that has been a great car.Lately it wants to shut down after running for awhile. It starts fine in the morning or after sitting around.And when its running down the road its fine.It usually takes about 15 to 20 minutes for it to fail.It will not start up right away but...

Condenser fan stops running after awhile [ 9 Answers ]

I have central air and after the air has been on awhile, the condenser fan stops running. The outside unit is still on because it makes a bit of a racket, just no longer the fan. I don't know what is causing the noise, maybe vibrating, because as soon as I'm aware the fan isn't running, I shut it...

Inducer motor starts running, but ignition never starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne Gas forced air furnace, and it's behavior has changed in the last couple of days, where it never gets past the Inducer motor cycle. When we turn on the thermostat (or even jumper across the "R" and "W" leads on the furnace controller) the inducer motor starts running and keeps...

View more questions Search