Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bennettseays Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2013, 11:26 AM
    Help!
    I Just recently found out I am pregnant. I have always been very active in college athletics until recently. My periods are usually irregular but I just missed my second one. I gained some weight but my mother is bigger and I thought that since my knee was injured and I have done no athletic activity, those combined were the cause. I took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. I've talked to one friend about this and as shocked as I was, she believes I'm around 30 weeks. My family is very strict about having children out of wedlock and I am against abortion and know it's dangerous at this point as well. Is there any way I can be induced to give birth around 35 weeks and put the baby up for adoption? I do not have the funds or anything to properly provide for this child while being in college.
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Oct 21, 2013, 11:40 AM
    I don't think any responsible doctor is going to induce labor unless there is a medical need... the desire to conceal a pregnancy is not a medical need. You've got just 8 short weeks to go~hang in there and in the meanwhile begin setting up for the adoption--they might even help pay your expenses. Your family might get upset--but they'll get over it! Best wishes to you and the babe.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Thirty weeks put you solidly in the third trimester. There is no way you can get an abortion. You should probably make an appointment with your OB/GYN to get yourself checked out and get a proper date.

If your family is so strict then why were you having unprotected sex? I don't mean to lecture you but if you're not protected yourself when you have sex that there is no other answer then you're trying to get pregnant and having a child. What is the father's take on this?

You're going to have some hard decisions coming up, and I believe that might preclude you from going to college. They usually have programs and the like for single mothers so you might be able to finish, but what then? You're probably going to have a lot of explaining to do, but what you do with the child afterwards is your choice. Adoption is probably the best if there's no way you want to keep it. You might only miss a semester or a year if this is the case.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Just curious, how does your friend think you are 30 weeks?

It is obvious you were having unprotected sex.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Unless your friend did an ultrasound, and knows how to read one, and is medically trained, there's no way she can say how far along you are.

You need to see a doctor, you need to start taking prenatal vitamins, and you need to face up to the fact that what your family thinks, is no longer relevant. You had sex, you got pregnant. You're going to be a mom, even if you give this child up. That baby is your responsibility while you're carrying it, and you have to give it the best chance at life that you can, especially if you're already 30 weeks along, which means that abortion isn't an option.

Go to your local pharmacy right now, and buy some prenatal vitamins. Then make an appointment with your doctor immediately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search