Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 06:13 AM
    That's true, both parties are well funded by big biz to do their bidding. Good luck!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 22, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Can you prove it. Somewhere I have a list that shows how much money goes where... but not today, gotta winterize or else.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 06:41 AM
    Joy,
    Me or tom?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Clete,
    I have quite a few friends in the US as well as family who now lives there. Not all republicans there are like the ones on this board. The ones here seem particularly venomous and bitter, others are more moderate and hold their views as personal.
    You crack me up. NO one spews more venom than you and the libs here. What annoys people like you is we think for ourselves and don't roll over and surrender to your BS. Regardless, all of you are missing the point.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 07:01 AM
    All right, we'll agree to disagree. Have a great day with your white friends!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 07:05 AM
    AT&T was the biggest donor in 2010 .It's biggest single beneficiary was Harry Reid.
    Goldman Sachs was the next . It gave most of its money to Democrat candidates, including Nevada's Harry Reid and New York Representative Michael McMahon
    Citigroup divided it's donations ,as did UPS .

Altria #5 mostly went to Republicans
    Microsoft #6 mostly went to Dems
    JP Morgan split it's donations
    Time Warner's went mostly to Dems
    Morgan Stanley split their's
    Lockheed Martin split it's donations with Republicans Howard McKeon (Calif.) and Kay Granger (Texas) Democrats Charles Schumer (N.Y.), Ike Skelton (Mo.) and Daniel Inouye (Hawaii) being their biggest recipients .
    That's the top 10 of 2010 .
    The 10 Biggest Corporate Campaign Contributors in U.S. Politics - DailyFinance
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    All right, we'll agree to disagree. Have a great day with your white friends!
    Did you even read the column or see who wrote it?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Hello Steve:
    America needs a white Republican president..

OK, let me have it.
    Because you, and your right wing friends BELIEVE the sh*t you posted, is why you'll NEVER again, win a presidential election..

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello Steve:
    Because you, and your right wing friends BELIEVE the sh*t you posted, is why you'll NEVER again, win a presidential election..

excon
    Do you believe the stats posted or not?

Median family income for black Americans has declined a whopping 10.9 percent during the Obama administration…This decline does not include losses suffered during the financial crisis and the recession that followed, but it instead measures declines since June 2009, when the recession officially ended.

That’s not the only bad news for African-Americans. The poverty rate for blacks is now 25.8 percent. The black labor force participation rate, which rose throughout the 1980s and 1990s, has declined for the past decade and quite sharply under Obama to 61.4 percent. The black unemployment rate, according to Pew Research, stands at 13.4 percent. Among black, male, high school dropouts, PBS’ Paul Salmon reports, the unemployment rate is a staggering 95 percent.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 08:49 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Do you believe the stats posted or not?
    There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. Yours are all three.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 09:08 AM
    Hello again, Steve:There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. Yours are all three.

excon
    Then by all means, give us the correct ones.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Then by all means, give us the correct ones.
    Certainly. Racism, the Jim Crow drug war, the Bush recession, white flight, stand your ground and right wing extremism.

Just last night, O'Reilly accused Obama of being very angry, and wants to destroy his opponents - all without a scintilla of evidence. Brit Hume, no lefty himself, rightly told O'Reilly he was nuts.

There are NO stats that measure HATRED like that.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 10:02 AM
    How are blacks faring under Obama, better or worse? That's the question.
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    How are blacks faring under Obama, better or worse? That's the question
    Why should they be faring any better than anyone else? That's my answer.

excon

PS> Look up. See where I said recession? I wasn't lying.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
    The "recession" was declared over .It's the emperor's recovery that sucks... especially for blacks.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 10:27 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Why should they be faring any better than anyone else? That's my answer.

excon
    So you really aren't all that concerned for the welfare of blacks after all, eh?
    current pert

Oct 22, 2013, 10:50 AM
    I worked on the 2000 US Census. First time they gave people the option of being mixed race. What happened to those stats? I'm tired of black, white, white, black, who's getting what perks and bennies or climbing the corporate ladder or the first to go to Mars. What's it like for the Obamas and the Woods and the millions of not famous people with one parent one race, the other parent another. I think I remember hearing about Obama's struggle with the nowhere land he was in after not knowing his father and being raised by his mother and her parents, sometime around high school, and more so when it came time to job hunt.
    WHAT'S IT LIKE?

From the US Census website:
    "The 2010 Census showed that people who reported multiple races grew by a larger percentage than those reporting a single race. According to the 2010 Census brief The Two or More Races Population: 2010, the population reporting multiple races (9.0 million) grew by 32.0 percent from 2000 to 2010, compared with those who reported a single race, which grew by 9.2 percent.

Overall, the total U.S. population increased by 9.7 percent since 2000, however, many multiple-race groups increased by 50 percent or more."

So many stats piss me off. Education stats by race instead of family income, for one. Ugh. When is it going to be about economies rather than race?
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    So many stats piss me off. Education stats by race instead of family income, for one. Ugh. When is it going to be about economies rather than race?
    Good question, I'm tired of everything being about race and wars on women.
    current pert

Oct 22, 2013, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Good question, I'm tired of everything being about race and wars on women.
    How many wars on women? Didn't even know there was one.
    I see wars on gun control, Muslims, Food Stamp and welfare recipients, illegal aliens...
    I'm tired of everything being 'Take back America' and various Amendments to the Constitution, mostly the 2nd. And I'm all for having guns too. I am just tired of simple minded rabble rousing.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2013, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    How many wars on women? Didn't even know there was one.
    I see wars on gun control, Muslims, Food Stamp and welfare recipients, illegal aliens...
    I'm tired of everything being 'Take back America' and various Amendments to the Constitution, mostly the 2nd. And I'm all for having guns too. I am just tired of simple minded rabble rousing.
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

President Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner [ 17 Answers ]

Like a boss. Good material: n9mzJhvC-8E

Who is the president of the united states of america? [ 38 Answers ]

Who is the president of the united states of america? (lol) kateyyyy xx

President's daughter escapes the white house but gets kidnapped, a boy tries to save [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie in the late 80s or early to mid 90s where the presidents daughter gets kidnapped. It starts by the president's daughter disguising herself as one of her friends and then getting two of her friends to start fighting (one of them is in a wheelchair) so she can sneak out. She...

Republican candidates for president. [ 12 Answers ]

When I look at the republican candidates for president they remind me of a bad dream I once had; not a man among them, in appearance anyway. To bad Speaker Newton isn’t among them; the only man with bold ideas in years. Get a load of these mugshots! Politics1 - 2008 Republican Presidential...

View more questions Search