Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArenManu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2013, 10:20 PM
    Vectors
    A frog falls from a rainforest tree. If we ignore wind resistance how long does it take the frog to fall from a distance of 12 meters?
    Celine91 Posts: 51, Reputation: 9

Oct 21, 2013, 05:32 AM
    free fall (cuz we are ignoring the wind resistance )

summation of forces = m * a
    m*g = m * a (weight is the only acting force during free fall)

=> a = 9.8

x = 0.5 * a * t^2... solve for t

t = 1.564 sec

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vectors [ 1 Answers ]

A ball is thrown with an angle of 12 degrees to the horizon with a speed of 15m/s. What are it's vertical and horizontal components?

Vectors [ 1 Answers ]

So I have these two vectors X=3 {Cos/3],Sin/3]}; Y={Cos/6],Sin/6]}; and I want to obtain two other vectors U and V such that obey the following conditions: U parallel to Y V perpendicular to Y X = U+V I have tried many ways but still can't get the answer for U and V, please help me on...

Vectors- tension problem (application of addition of vectors) [ 1 Answers ]

An electronic score board of mass 500 kg is suspended from a ceiling making an angle of 70 degrees with the ceiling.The weight is evenly distributed. Determine the tension in the cables in newtons

How to do vectors [ 2 Answers ]

My name is chris and I am currently attending ITT technical. My question is how to do vector problems in trig.

About vectors [ 2 Answers ]

I'm facing problem how to visualise vevtors when our sir teaches... what exactly are vectors how do they look like... how can we easily understand these properties such as rings etc

View more questions Search