Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hilow79 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2013, 09:35 PM
    Do worms come out of body through foot?
    I feel itchy on my foot when I use the toilet. I've heard that worms come out or get in from/to body through foot. Is it true? I want to know how to prevent this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 11:25 PM
    No, this is not true, if your foot itch, it is most likely an infection of some type. *** I have never even heard that before
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 21, 2013, 12:26 AM
    Itchy foot is usually a fungus (athlete's foot). There are many remedies in your drugstore.
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Oct 21, 2013, 09:27 AM
    Hook worm larvae can enter through the skin of the foot--they then migrate to the lungs, then the trachea, then are swallowed and enter the GI tract where they become adults. A doctor can check you for hook worms by examining your poop--looking for eggs that the adults shed while in the intestines. Pretty gross stuff. You can avoid them by wearing shoes.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
    While hookworm larva can enter through the skin and migrate, I wouldn't stress about having parasites simply based on an itchy foot.
    Google Cutaneous Larva Migrans and you will see that parasites picked up from the soil in this manner have distinct rashes that go along with itching and irritation.
    And they are more prevalent in in tropical and/or unsanitary environments.
    Just an itchy foot is more likely a fungal infection.
    Wonderling Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Oct 21, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    While hookworm larva can enter through the skin and migrate, I wouldn't stress about having parasites simply based on an itchy foot.
    Google Cutaneous Larva Migrans and you will see that parasites picked up from the soil in this manner have distinct rashes that go along with itching and irritation.
    And they are more prevalent in in tropical and/or unsanitary environments.
    Just an itchy foot is more likely a fungal infection.
    Hi~
    I wasn't trying to diagnose, I was answering the OP's question specifically.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 21, 2013, 03:14 PM
    All settled - it can be either one (or nothing, or something else). As is often the case, we don't even know what part of the world this person lives in or has traveled to.
    hilow79 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2013, 09:19 PM
    I know it is because of worm as I can feel the itching only in a tiny area of my foot and that too it happens only when I go to the loo. Thank you all for your suggestions :) I guess as wonderling suggested I can avoid it by simply wearing shoes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sharp pain - right foot / outside of right foot just before arch of foot [ 3 Answers ]

Started in December when I had done a day's worth of Christmas shopping. Pain got so bad that it just hurt to walk / any pressure. Went to doctor and got some pain med - no x-rays / he didn't really do anything other than listen to what I had to say about it. Now it's roughly 3 months later and...

Foot pain side of foot, feels painful but better when I squeeze my foot [ 4 Answers ]

It is midway down my right foot and only foot massage seems to apease it, but itsgetting worse and hurts earlier and earlier each evening. The central point is midway and for the ultimate in relief is to squeeze my feet down the sides, but that also sends me into agony once squeezed, but the long...

Body worms [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible for body worms to come out of mouth,if yes which types and *** add pictures if you have any.

Worms getting out of the body [ 7 Answers ]

Don't know if that is the right topic... I hope that's the one, so here goes my question. I've often heard that if someone has worms in his/her body (may be digestive system, which is more likely) these worms got out through the nose (sometimes even the ear:eek:)if he/she is given medicine for...

Web worms (bag worms) everywhere [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor's tree is full of web worms, I think they are also called bag worms. These fuzzy little worms, they're caterpillars really, drop onto my deck and are eating everything in sight. They don't make the web-like encasements, but they are killing my potted plants; mandevilla, vinca, mint,...

View more questions Search