Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessicadehling7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2013, 10:23 PM
    move with child
    My daughter is 3 years old and me and her father are not together and have no custody agreement.. I want too move too the next state over with my fiancé too better our lives for the sake of my daughter and our unborn child. It would only be 3 hours away. Could he bring up kidnapping charges if I do move? He has no way too take care of her he has never had a job still lives with his dad and does not have a licence too get her too her doctor appts or school! Is there anything he can do too me? if there is no custody agreement?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 10:28 PM
    Probably not, but there is no way we can say for sure unless we know which state you are in.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 05:43 AM
    Is he seeing the child at this time?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 20, 2013, 06:00 AM
    Most likely not kidnapping, but he could file for custody and ask the court to order you to return to this state with the child. Assuming he is listed as father on birth certificate at this point he has as muich right to keep the child as you do
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 20, 2013, 08:39 AM
    He cannot charge you with kidnapping as long as you keep him informed where you live. Is he the legal father? Listed on the birth certificate? I'm guessing that there is also no child support order?

But as long as there is no visitation order you can move. However, he could go to court before you establish residence in the new state and possibly force you to return the child. With only a 3 hour difference, however, I doubt that will happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants to move and take my child [ 4 Answers ]

She and my son(just tuned 1) live in my house where I support them both, I am on the birth certificate, now she is threatening to move away and take my son with her, can she do that? He has lived in MY home since birth,

If I move out of state does my child custody case move too? [ 1 Answers ]

We live on the border of Michigan and Ohio... When we made our custody agreement I lived in Michigan and this is where the case is. Now I live in Ohio where the dad lives does my case move too?

Can I move if I have my child's father on child support? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Worcester mass and I want to move to ny but I have my sons father on child support can I move?

I want to move out of state with my child. What do I need to do? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to move out of state with my child due to family being there. I have a quaderpeligic brother that needs more help than what he is getting. I have not started a divorce and have no custody agreement or parenting plan in place. We've been separated for almost 5 years now and he doesn't ever...

I want to move to Va. With my child [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a divorce today and I had to give the father vistation, every other weekend. In the mean time my Dad in Va. Has rented me a house there. Can I leave the state with my child who is 13 and don't want to see her father? He is a sex affender. I know that I have to leave an address for him,...

View more questions Search