Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxmyworld Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Why do you think Mary always looks sad?
    In pictures, statues, in apparitions she is crying tears or blood, the sighting of Mary above the church in Egypt people described her as looking sorrowful... why do you think that is?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Frequently, art is a good reflection as to how people perceive the world at the time the work of art is created. Some people view Mary as a saint and that she is mourning the sorrowful state that the world is in because of all the sin and corruption. Some of the works of art that depict Mary are a reflection of how she felt about her son, Jesus being crucified.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so sad [ 7 Answers ]

Yo man how ru.. how is everyhting.. I am sorry to bother u.. // umm I am in trouble I like this girl and I want to date her but the problem is that she said she likes someone else but if she stops fancing him she will go out with me,. and when ever I send her a message trough my phone she never...

Mary Kay Consultant [ 6 Answers ]

I am an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay and I have invested about $1900 in the inventory. Was that a smart choice? Any suggestions would be great. And what is the best way to conduct this business??

Why Be Sad? [ 2 Answers ]

It's quite hard to come alive every morning like the rooster who utters that familiar shrill cry of delight. On balance: This same animation could very well be expected from happy people who are carefree, frisky, hearty, jovial, spirited and lively. Emotion compliments arousing replies to a kiss,...

Sad [ 2 Answers ]

I am in love.. well I'm pretty sure I am.. I have plans to marry the guy *hopefully* someday. I say hopefully because I don't want to do it until I graduate college, and I'm only a freshman in collge now. He makes me so happy, he's the one person that I know I can always confide in. I trust him...

View more questions Search