Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lindra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2013, 04:31 AM
    Morning after pills and pap smear
    In May of this year I started taking morning after pills and did so every month till August. I started having a brown dischare (light to dark in color) after my period it sometimes last up to 5 days after my period is supposed to end, I have had a pap smear and it showed LSIL, I have no infections as confirmed by my doctor, could the morning after pills be the cause of all this?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Oct 21, 2013, 07:39 AM
    Holy crap! The morning after pill is an Emergency contraception method. It is not mean to be your ONLY method. Are you on the birth control pill or using condoms? In the long run it is cheaper and safer for your reproductive system.

Chances are the consistent use of the morning after pill is the cause of this. I can't be certain. When your got your pap did you tell the doctor how many times you had used the Morning After pill? You should also talk to him about other methods of birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pap smear [ 1 Answers ]

Will an annual pap smear detect a STD?

Pap Smear [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, will a virgin need a pap test?

PAP smear [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have just turned 25 and have had a letter to go for a smear test. I have slept with one guy once only, do I need a smear test?

Pap smear [ 0 Answers ]

Had a yeast infection. A week before the pap smear. I stopped using vagina cream. Was this long enough time from stopping the cream before the pap.

Pap Smear? [ 0 Answers ]

Btw: I am 20 and I just received my pap smear results and it said I have "minor atypia" but no cancer cells are present, what does that mean? Do I have a STD? I only had one HPV shot( I think that's what it's called) its too prevent cervical cancer. I am sexually active with one guy

View more questions Search