Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ev5573 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Hired for teacher position with an arrest record in my past
    What do school districts actually see when they receive a clearance for a teacher new hire from CA DOJ? I'm just a bit worried because I was hired as a new teacher, and just processed my livescan fingerprints, and I've had an arrest about 13 years ago. I'm worried that my future employer (School District) will actually see my arrest record, and based on that, may decide to rescind my contract. Any information would be helpful, thanks.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 18, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Was there a conviction or were you just arrested and let go ? Also were there restrictions that went with it like being prohibited from being around minors? Was it for domestic violence or assault?

Depending on what you did in the first place is going to have a lot of sway as to what is going to happen.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2013, 01:59 AM
    What was the arrest for ? Where you convicted ? if Convicted they will see the conviction information. They may also see what it is for..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you run for a Union Rep position in PA position with a felony on your record? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend wants to run for a Union Rep/Leadership position for a Local Union in Philadelphia, PA. He has a Federal felony charge on his record that dates back to 1991, with the convition of that felony being made in 1996. He has worked as a Journeyman for this same Union for 17 years and would like...

Will an arrest record and charges dropped show for a government intern position? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to apply to be an unpaid intern in a government office and got arrest months ago (misrepresentation of age), fingerprinted and everything, but the charges were dropped. They took my social for the staffing application. What will show up? And how far would I even be checked out?

Arrest record. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I live in Los Angeles, CA. Last year me and my boy-friend have an argument when I called 911 on him, but instead got arrested myself, even though by the time they arrived I claimed that it was a mistake and I didn't need their involvement. In the police report they stated that he...

Past drug use stop my getting hired for city job [ 3 Answers ]

I have curently waiting to be called for the sanitation dept and don't know if I am wasting my time. I have in the past been arested for misdimeaner drug possession and one of the charges shows up on my driving record even though I was no where near a car.Will they still call me??

View more questions Search