Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mozzie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 06:08 AM
    What could I bake with these ingredients?
    Hello,

I want to bake something different instead of chocolate chip cookies which I always make. I bought the ingredients recently so I don't want to go out and buy more, and I fancy a change from chocolate chip cookies.

What else could I make with these ingredients I have?:
    - self raising flour
    - sugar
    - vanilla extract
    - butter
    - chocolate chips

I do not have any eggs.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 18, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Do you know how to use Google?I just googled 'cookies with few ingredients' and there are quite a lot of them. Try it ! Cook books are always a good bet, do you have any ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 18, 2013, 06:44 AM
    You need eggs for just about all baking. They bind all the rest together. I've baked without them (being a cook who enjoys throwing what I have on hand into a bowl and seeing what surprise I get), but the results will be crumbly. Still tasty if you don't mind that it falls apart.

One 'quicky' ingredient I use is mayo. Mayo is oil and eggs and water. I make cookies with mayo all the time, because I can mix it all in one bowl in about 2 minutes. By adding some milk and baking powder, you have a chocolate chip cake or muffins!

Knowing all the ways to substitute is handy. I also like to throw in healthy stuff just to pretend I'm not eating too many sweets. Wheat germ, natural peanut butter, unsweetened coconut, oatmeal - in place of white flour and butter or shortening. I've added carrot juice and orange juice. I bake bread with OJ or yogurt.

You could make a sort of granola bar pressed into a pan if you had some peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, seeds, oats, and a tiny bit of oil or butter to bind it all. Years ago I used to just throw it all in a bowl and it can be pinched between the fingers to make a little ball. Lazy way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken broccoli bake [ 1 Answers ]

Can I reheat this dish, it contains double cream

What should I bake ? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do some baking. Does anyone have any good reicpes or ideas that I can use for some delicious baking. Preferably ones that take under half an hour to make and cook? Shot bro :)

Kenmore Ultra Bake Won't Bake [ 0 Answers ]

I have a (gas) Kenmore Ultra Bake & when I set the temp. to bake I can smell gas & hear the clicking but it doesn't heat. It stays on preheat until I give up & turn it off. The stove portion works fine & it will flame up to broil. Thanks.

View more questions Search