Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy-physics Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2013, 09:22 AM
    The relationship between the magnetic field and the solar field
    What is the relationship between the magnetic field and the area surrounding solar planets?
    Does the sun is a large magnet, or what that attracts the sun and planets constantly driven?
    Are the lines that control the path of the planets have a magnetic domain relationship?
    I'm sorry to frequent my questions! I hope that you answer my questions and explained them..
    Sorry for the bad English...
    Thank you :)
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 09:29 AM
    The strength of the Earth's magnetic field is such that while it plays a major role in how ionized particles such as the solar wind interact with the earth (think of the van Allen belt and how the earth's magetic field drives the Aurora Borealis), its strength is much, much less than the force of gravity. So while it has a big influence on charged ions with small mass it has virtually no effect on "typical" objects (unless care is taken to balance out effects of gravity, such as on the pointer arm of a magnetic compass). The interaction of the earth's magnetic field with the sun's has virtually no effect at all on the Earth's orbit.
    crazy-physics Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2013, 09:37 AM
    OK, What is the energy or the thing that attracts us we humans of the Earth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much current to cancel earth's magnetic field? [ 1 Answers ]

It can be shown the magnetic field in a long narrow tube is uniform and given by B(Tesla =1.26E-6 N I(amp)? where N is number of wire loops/meter. Assuming the solenoid is aligned along the Earth's magnetic field,how much current is needed to cancel the Earth's field? earth's magnetic field is...

North or South Magnetic Field? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know the polarity of my magnet. I don't know if it's north, south, or a different one on each side. How do I find out?

Magnetic field in the solenoid? [ 0 Answers ]

A long solenoid (n = 1200turns/m, radius = 2.0 cm) has a current of a 0.30 A in its winding.A long wire carrying a current of 20 A is parallel to and 1.0 cmfrom the axis of the solenoid. What is the magnitude of theresulting magnetic field at a point on the axis of thesolenoid?

Force on a wire in a magnetic field. [ 1 Answers ]

If a 190 cm wire carrying 15.00 A of current experiences a force of 0.60N, a)What is the direction and magnetic field intensity that is causing this? b)At what angle would the field need to be at to have the force experienced?

Electro magnetic field induced power. [ 4 Answers ]

My power line from my meter to the electric panel runs in a pvc conduit with several house wires from the old panel box.This was apparently done several years ago during a remodel. Since I have owned this house my electric usage has been 3 times the average for this size home. My question is can...

View more questions Search