Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StunningKate Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2013, 07:37 AM
    IT Cyber Security and Network Questions?
    My teacher wanted everyone in my class to come up with at least 7 simple questions of their own that he’ll look over and pick one from. But we must ask at least 2 people that are not in our class to answer our questions and rate them as easy, moderate or difficult. But the thing is everyone that I ask says my questions are to hard which I kind of don’t think they are. But since I don’t know any people in the IT field other then classmates I figure why not just ask someone online for their input. If you like my questions and can answer them please respond. Your opinions and answers can be brief. My 7 questions are below. Thanks.

1.Given the types of malware, what are the implications for the threat actor to use the different types of malware, compare and contrast at least two different vectors?

2.Compare and contrast the value of DNS cache poisoning versus man-in-the-middle attacks. What is the value and the vector considerations for each one?

3.What is the true value of a vulnerability assessment to an organization?

4. Why is a mantrap the "perfect" security control and what implications that should have on other security controls?

5.Given a router, firewall, internal network, and application server that faces the Internet (i.e. internet accessible), describe the architecture you would develop to properly security the internal network.

Enumerate each data flow you would allow?

6.Given the preponderance of advanced attacks (i.e. zero day or 1st day attacks) against networks, what value does security play in the grander scheme. How can security be effective if the attacks are always ahead of the defenders.

Oct 17, 2013, 07:38 AM
    I mean't 6 questions.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2013, 08:31 AM
    You realize that no one is going to do your homework for you, right?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 09:01 AM
    It really does seem like homework rather than questions that you made up as a survey.

Oct 17, 2013, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You realize that no one is going to do your homework for you, right?
    Where in my post did I ask for someone to do my homework? If you could read then you would know it's not my homework. And I've already got three responses so your comment is pointless.

Oct 17, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It really does seem like homework rather than questions that you made up as a survey.
    It's not, I wouldn't post my homework for this class cause my teacher knows how to Google and search.

Oct 17, 2013, 09:47 AM
    I already got more then enough inbox responses so I no longer need help. Thanks to everyone again that answered my questions and chatted with me. :)
    Entomology Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 09:51 AM
    Many people PM'ed you with answers, did they?

And honestly, it does read like homework questions.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StunningKate View Post
    I already got more then enough inbox responses so I no longer need help. Thanks to everyone again that answered my questions and chatted with me. :)
    new members have to wait for the PM privilege. You just joined, so that isn't possible.
    Entomology Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 11:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    new members have to wait for the PM privilege. You just joined, so that isn't possible.
    LOL! I guess you know that's kind of what I was getting at.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2013, 12:11 PM
    Yep, the passive aggressive at work.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 17, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Actually that has been modified and Kate does have PMs. But I find it disturbing that many people elected to answer via PM. We may have to research that a bit since it violates our TOS.

To Kate,
    Sorry, but it does seem like you have posted questions that are your homework under the guise that these are survey questions you need to get answered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security enabled on wireless network [ 16 Answers ]

I cannot find an answer here relevant to my question. Is this: My computer is not wireless. One other computer in the house is connected to my router but that also is not wireless. My PC connection says 3-6 (varies) neighbors have wireless access to my computer, and possible the other one as well....

Network Security [ 1 Answers ]

How to restrict control panel for other users from admin?

Research on Network Security [ 1 Answers ]

I want to do some research on network security, and will like u to help me with either websites, or books/authors that I can use. My interest is much on firewall and designing cryptographic algothm. Regards.

Wireless network security [ 4 Answers ]

I have just gotten a router and set up a wireless net environment in my home. As I live in an apartment, I think it can be easily picked up by anyone. Therefore, I was wondering if there was any way or program I could use to make it secure. Also, I rather not use the WEP provided because it...

View more questions Search