Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Strikerr Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2013, 07:10 AM
    Need help with cleaning elevator
    We have got this big contract to clean a building, eveything else is good but this elevator.

We don't have any experience on cleaning stainless steel elevator, so far we have tried the following but non of them worked well:

-spray and wipe chemical (will leave streaks after dried)
    -stainless steel polish (you have to be very very carefully to wipe from up to down and no stopping in the middle to get a OK finish, but it will be very very easy to dirt)
    -just use damp cloth (same result as spray and wipes)
    -WD 40 which is a metal lubricant (i found this from Google, but it still not working as good as we need)

Any of you have a cleaning business and have any working ideas on how to clean elevator cabs will be very much appreciated.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 17, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Vinegar is an excellent all around streak free cleaner.

Oct 17, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Vinegar is an excellent all around streak free cleaner.
    Do I need to mix vinegar with water or just vinegar? If I do, what's the ratio of water and vinegar please.

Thanks for your help joypulv
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 17, 2013, 05:18 PM
    Regular vinegar is already diluted with water.
    You can get more concentrated vinegar from garden supply places, because it's an excellent weed killer, but it's not allowed to be sold in grocery stores.

Oct 17, 2013, 05:22 PM
    OK, I will give it a go tonight.

Jan 3, 2014, 11:01 PM
    Now I'm back to give some updates on this elevaator

Stainless steel polish works the best at last, I know that I said that stainless steel polish was doing just OK, now I found out that if the stainless steel have never been polished before then you have to give it a good polish first, after the SSP has covered all the surface then you only have to do spot polish every time.

To use SSP to polish: spray SSP on to surface then use a DRY micro fiber cloth buff the surface in circular motion until the SSP is dry.

Hopefully this will help who have the same question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2014, 05:28 AM
    Try wiping it down after vinegar with news paper, not rags.

Still betting it will be best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elevator riddle! [ 3 Answers ]

A man rides his elevator from the 13th floor to the 1st floor every morning, in the afternoon after work he returns to the same elevator to ride it back up to his room but only rides it to the 7th floor and walks the rest of the way up. He does this everyday. Why is this?

Elevator Fear [ 9 Answers ]

>.< I HATE HATE HATE HATE elevators. So much. And today made it even worse. I went to the hospital ot visit my grandma, so I tell my mom "I dont want to take the elevator, lets take the stairs" she says no and we go in the elevator, there's people in it and whatever. So it's a 2 door...

Elevator [ 2 Answers ]

What is the force (in Newtons) used if an elevator lifts passengers 30 meters in 24 seconds and the elevator is 15,000 watts?

Elevator speech [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone use "elevator speech" as their type of opening to a new face to face client?

Elevator Power. [ 7 Answers ]

A 550 kg elevator starts from rest. It moves upward for 5.00 s with constant acceleration until it reaches its cruising speed, 1.75 m/s. (a) What is the average power of the elevator motor during this period? W (b) How does this power compare with the motor power when the elevator moves at its...

View more questions Search