Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    denini74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2013, 06:48 AM
    W-2 paid Employee with Sales Commissions paid to personal company
    Is it permissible to be a W-2 paid employee providing software training and support, but have a contract between my employer and my referral/sales commission-based company (which by the way has contracts with other companies) to have sales/referral commissions of the software paid to my company (1099)?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 17, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Yes it's possible. However, although you didn't ask about possible conflicts of interest I must point out that this arrangement could be abused in a way that could get you fired. As an employee you must have no authority or influence whatsoever with your employer over the selection of your side company to provide services.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employer paid taxes being paid by employee [ 7 Answers ]

I started with a new company as an employee I am a loan officer I wanted to be an independent contractor as I have always been that in the past but they said I could not do so They are now requiring me to pay the employer taxes (FICA 6.2%, Medicare 1.45%, Fed/state unemployment 1% and 4.35% for...

In terms of spousal/child support, how do future commissions earned/bonuses paid get [ 1 Answers ]

After divorce final, How do any of payor's future commissions earned/bonuses paid get disbursed to payee? Calif

Sales tax paid JE [ 1 Answers ]

When we sales our goods we charge sales tax to customer and WE pass JE Banks a/c Dr 100 Asset Sales a/c Cr. 90 sales Sales tax payables a/c Cr. 10 Liability Now we paid to Govt. this sales tax ...

How to record personal exp paid by company [ 1 Answers ]

Background: it's a partnership business. We don't have visa card for the company yet. So owners have to pay from their own pockets when we run out of the cash. I have set up owner loan payable to each owner under short term Liability. So whenever we receive our AR , owners will get reimbursed. ...

View more questions Search