Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fatlipper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 05:34 PM
    Greek documents from townhall all messed up
    I have a unique problem,
    -i was born in Greece to a Jewish mother (from tel aviv) who migrated to a Greek island with family an greww up and got married there.

-Our family left to the USA, and years later I got a greek passport using the green card and a US citizenship after i was 21 years old.

-in the mid90s i went to work in France, applied for a carte se jour 1994 and they requested a birth certificate, I never seen my greek birth certificate before, I had to ask my cousin to get one from town hall on the island I was born because no one else was there at the time, I was required to fax them a copy of my greek passport (i got with a green card) with my dad (who divorced my mom in the USA) so back in greece my step dad then sends me the BC plus ID card with my photo (all greek large and blue) and some other papers he said I may need (he said) , I had them all translated in french and gave the documents to the perfectuer. important to note I do not read and write greek but seak it, and I have no clue what the french documents say;

-Few Years later I meet a man in italy from france and we decided to return to france to get married, the perfectuer said I had to go over the same process again, My fiance obviously speaks fluent french and decided to help me with all this, to my shocking discovery, the greek documents say I am greek orthodox, not only on my birth certificate but ID as well, this is not a little matter, to make it worse there is a baptism certificate, which claims it took place while I was going to school in the USA, impossible but how did this happen, my step father died a year after he got these documents to me, my mom is there but too old to even step outside, what should I do now?

I was thinking of going to this crazy island and paying a lawyer to look into this and examine the papers, I don't know where I will find one jewish enough to understand the jewish laws (halacha) so that they can explain why its important NOT to claim I'm a christian, no offense to anyone in fact my fiancé is christian. I just want to clear this up for the record any help appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to obtain dual Greek/USA citizenship; having trouble with Greek Consulates [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find help in obtaining Greek citizenship through my father, who was born in Greece, still has his Greek passport, but is now a naturalized U.S. citizen. The main problem I am having is finding a consulate that will even talk to me/help me. The one consulate that has been helpful is...

Documents required for marriage in greece at the greek orthodox church [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Users Good day Please note that I am intended to get married in the Greek Orthodox Church in Greece , I am catholic and was married before and got a cancellation on my wedding from the catholic church and now I have the following documents in my hand. 1- Certificate Of Freedom from...

Documents needed for a male under 45 to gain Greek/ Australian Citizenship [ 0 Answers ]

Hi For an Australian male under 45 applying for Greek/Australian dual citizenship, which additional documents showing residency (for military purposes) are needed below apart from the ones listed below? 1) Your father's certificate of registration in a municipality in Greece 2) Your...

What documents do I need to gain Australian Greek Dual Citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am an Australian Citizen, my parents are migrants from Greece, married in Australia (political wedding). Can someone please give me a list of documents needed to obtain Australian/ Greek Dual Citizenship. Thanks :)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.