Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dalefleury Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2013, 11:17 AM
    EQUIFAX Credit report address
    I checked my credit report and it shows my address as being in a city that I do not live, and it shows my present address as being my "previous address".
    I have contacted EQUIFAX and they are unable (or unwilling) to tell me where they got the address from (the one I have never lived at - in another City). All they will say is that it came from one of my creditors or my bank. I have checked with all, and no one has this address in another city connected to me.

What can I do to find where this address came from and how do I correct it. I sent them a fax with all the details, and they changed it but 15 days later it was changed back, and EQUIFAX can't (or won't) tell how or why it was changed.

If this information is incorrect, what else are they reporting incorrectly.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you can have errors removed by submitting a written credit report dispute to the credit bureau(s) that list the inaccurate information. Once you submit your credit report dispute, the credit bureau(s) and the business providing the information have some steps to follow.

The credit bureau has 30 days to investigate your dispute and respond to you, in writing, with the results of the investigation. Any data you provided about the inaccuracy of the information will be forwarded to the original information provider. The information provider is then required to investigate and respond back to the credit bureau.

Equifax
    P.O. Box 7404256
    Atlanta, GA 30374-0256

Experian
    Dispute Department
    P.O. Box 9701
    Allen, TX 75013

TransUnion
    Consumer Solutions
    P.O. Box 2000
    Chester, PA 19022-2000
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
    They will remove the inaccurate info, but not tell you where it came from.

Why does it matter so much?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which credit card companies use equifax or transunion or both for credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish credit on my own. I have tried with experian and have 10 hard hits got turned down because of insufficient credit historty and to many recent inquires. My equifax score is 787 My transunion is 770. My problem is I am new to credit and my present accounts are permissive user...

Equifax based credit cards [ 6 Answers ]

Which banks use Equifax to determine credit ratings t issue credit cards? My scor is higher and stronger with them than the other two.

Equifax only credit cards? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know a credit card company that only pulls equifax for approval?

Which credit card companies only use Equifax [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit card companies only use Equifax

Where's the Date of last activity on my Equifax report? [ 1 Answers ]

Just got my Equifax report & It's broken up into a bunch of sections. The Credit Information section contains a date of last activity field, along with the following explanation in the header: The Collection Accounts section does not have a date of last activity field, but has the...

View more questions Search